Doing a good deed is like wetting your pants... Everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth. - sweetpea3295
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Shedding the Mortal Coil

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Shedding the Mortal Coil
After you die what do you want to be done to your remains? Donated to science creamated, buried feed to wild animals?

I set up a pole a while ago and I was surprised so many folks chose the donate to science option. As for me I want to be cremated and from there I could care less what happens to the ashes- maybe if they could be dumped into a mall airconditioner that would be cool so i could disperse throughout the unverse more quickly while irritating as many people as possible....

Rotting away in a coffin sounds the worst- but just being burried in the earth sounds fine- no coffin etc. I also have this strange fear as well that when your dead your mind is still active you just your body is dead- sounds weird but it would be horrifying if true.... and your consciouness lasted until your brain rotted out....

Anyway what do you want done with your body?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think i wanna be cremated too. my organs arent in that great of a condition anyway so donating them would be kinda silly. id like my ashes to be put either in the rocky mountains somewhere or maybe sent into space

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
did you ever see that tales from the crypt episode?

these two guys are doctors and one has this theory that after you die your brain is still alive for like three days or something, and the other one doesn't believe him. so, the first guy devises this really evil prank in which he gives the second guy this drink and it has some sort of anisthesia--it paralyses his whole body except he's still conscious, and the guy who did it to him starts talking to him like he's dead, making him think that he actually poisoned him. he hired all these other guys to act like coroners and stuff, and they take him to the morgue and they're about to make it look like theyre embalming him when he wakes up. then they all start pointing and laughing, and he actually has a heart attack and dies.
then, he actually is dead, and it turns out the first guys theory was right, that his brain doesn't die right away, and it ends right when he's about to get embalmed in real life.

it was a pretty good episode.

"You are reading this."
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No cremation for me. Burning in a fire..... the thought of that.... ugh.

No coffin please. I just don't wish to be burried. At ALL.

Throw my ass in the woods and leave me to rot.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 52yrs • M •
The idea of a big fancy coffin seems so strange- what the hell do you need one for? You should be able to by pine boxes at Wal Mart for just such an occasion- I think though as far as legality goes there has to be some treatments to your body they simply can't bury you 'raw'.

Antone seen that crazy movie Kissed- what if like the earlier posts about Tales from the crypt where the guy is dead but conscious and in comes the lady from Kissed.....Anyone ever fantasize about that sort of thing?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do whatever the hell you want with my corpse... so long as its moderately dignified.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 52yrs • M •
I like the idea of a molecular recycling ie the molecules in our body were something else at one time and after we die they will become something else as well- so in a way we live forever in that sense.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know Jewish people are burried in very plain ugly coffins. smart people what can i say.
and i think they get a fancy coffin to show people that they're not cheap and they respect the person that passed away very much.

ME, i definetly don't wanna be burried - it takes up too much space. and i'm still not sure if i want my body to be donated to sientists, them bastards they don't take anything seriously and they'll do silly shit to it and they'll prolly even make fun of it. but on the other hand i wanna help out people that are still alive ..... so as i just said i'm not sure
maybe i'd wanna be just burned

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
IR Me, I agree alot with your idea.

I have said for years I want to be cremated, and then have my ashes put on stamps only to be purchased by the ones I hate the most. The thought of them having to lick my ass for eternity, is gratifying.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I want whatever is usable to be donated to ppl who can use them. After that I want the rest of me to go to science.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cremate me. If I see one doctor dude try and open me up to give my special organs away I'll so Open a Can of Kick ass.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pubestic Zest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've been intrigued by the idea of puting taxidermy on my will. I think I got the idea from a TV series, but went as far as checking out the legalities of it. Alas, I was faced with the ugly truth that I could not spend my eternity on the couch.

To halt the decomposition of a human body, yet keep it from drying and cracking is a tough thing to do. Even if it were legal I don't know if it can be maintained for long without meticulous care.

As far as reality goes I've always wanted to live on, either as donated organs or cryo if I have the money and the technology has advanced far enough by the time it's my turn at the pearly gates.

"Life is a dress rehersal for a play that will never go on..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
IMO, I think it's selfish NOT to donate your organs because they could save a life. I would def donate every bit of me that is useful.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 52yrs • M •
That is a good point and the more I think about it the more I wish to do that- donate organs except my brain - seriously I want that burned along with all the other junk... but hey if somone needs a used kidney or whatever go for it!- just wait until I am dead please.

35yrs • F •
Aonrocks is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi

Shedding the Mortal Coil
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy