The fear to suffer is worse that suffering - Bob Yow Z!
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Old People

User Thread
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Old People
Ok I love Old People "sometimes" but I cant stand it when I get stuck behind them in traffic, especially when your late. Funnyly enough it always seems to happen to me!?
And when they cross the road and you almost hit them because they take their sweet ass time in crossing the road, today I was on my way home from gettin my hair cut and this old guy decides to cross the road, I had to slow down to almost stopping point and he didnt even bother to hurry past.
I know theyre slow etc and such but is it just me, or do old people have an attitude where they can do what they want and not worry if it affects others?

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Almost stopping for old folks? I wonder if Australia is like te UK when it comes to pedestrians ie walk across the street at your own risk. The north Americain or at least Canadian mentality is differnet of at least sometimes it is ie the pedestrians have the right of way. But sometimes to get where you wish to go as a pedheadestrian you have to be bold/suicidal ie step onto the street and challenge people to stop. It is so sad sometimes that folks have to zoom by so rudely- indeed it is quite an effort to slow down for those on foot.
There is a terrible anti-social aspect to auto mobiles we will cut each other off or be rude where we normally would not be. Imagine the same sort of thing happened in a hallway and you accidentally stepped in front of them - you mostlikely would say "oops sorry ...." and the other person seeing you acknowledge would be satisfied with that at would most likely say "no problem " or something like that but in a car there is no opportinity for such communication and things then get aggrivating.

I think though it becomes a relative thing we resent the time wasted by commuting to and fro work and anything that extends that time becomes magfnified terribly. Autos really put additional isolation on us even though our daily lives are spread over a larger geographic area.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when im old, im gonna piss as many people off as possible. i think if you last 90+ years you should be able to do whatever the hell you want sort of like a second "right of passage" ... only way cooler

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i pondered this question for some time. i asked my grandpa why are elderly people slow, just for a laugh, his reply is i know how the world works. If you go through life in a hurry like i did life passes you by very quickly, that is why we elderly folks move slow. to perserve the life we have so little of. (Still quoting}, if you see an elderly person driving or walking give them respect and understand. . I was struck amazed. (my opa/grandpa is 84)

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Another thing is that when you get old, u start (usually) to care more, be it yurself or others. You also get into a depression(kind of) because no matter how good a life you have lived, you still regret and miss the 'good old days'. Old people also just can't stop complaining! and once they start talkin, they never stop! However, if we should gather whatever knowledge they have from them, because no book can tell you what a old person full of experiances can

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
actually depression among old people is a myth. statisitcally they are less depressed than any other age group.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So then is it possible the elderly pedestrians are pushing their luck trying to commit suicide by walking slowly tempting people to run them down- that would make sense to me.

Also though people get a little to aggrivated behind the wheel we are all in such a damned hurry- I think for traffic offences people should be forced to ride the bus or walk for a week that would be way worse and much more effective as a deturent.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just hope I remember to give respect because as much as being old seems eons away, it will be upon you before ya know it....
so the golden rule..treat others as you would like treated....because soon enough, you will be the elderly, who aggravates someone young.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let an 'old' guy jump in here with an observation...after I talk and talk and talk.lol

People are constantly apologizing to me for delays and for making me wait in line etc. I always tell them to relax. If a cashier at the market has a customer that takes a long time and I have to wait, so what? The cashier is just doing their job and will have to be there until the end of their shift anyway. And why am I so important? What am I going to do that is so important anyway. Or you, what are you in such a hurry to get some place to do??? Is 15 seconds really that important? 20? 60? Life or Death is different - then honk or yell or call an ambulance, but otherwise stop whining. I waited for you when you were young and couldn't walk fast. I waited for you when you dug in your grimy jean pocket for another nickle to pay for your happy meal. I waited for you and your noisy friends at the 7-11 while you raced through the store and the clerk wouldn't take his eyes off you for fear you were stealing something. I waited for you to get out of school and went slow through the school zone (remember, they don't have a 20 mph zone around old folks homes). I waited for you to finish school and get a job. And waited. And waited. I'm still waiting for some of you to grow up. I waited for you to strut your stuff down the aisle and get married. I waited for you outside the delivery room (your mother thought she'd NEVER live long enough to see a grandchild). I waited, though not too long, for you to come and ask for money. I waited for you to repay it. I'm still waiting. I have been waiting on you my whole life. And I was waiting to see your car today before crossing the street. I waited and waited. Finally you came along and I stepped out in the street. And now you're whining that you have to wait for me?????

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that username is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
being old is going to rock. if a family member comes over that i dont like id prettend i didnt kno them and call the cops. and thell just think im old. or scream at kids cuz they cant do eny thing cuz im old. or keep prettending im having hartattacks and then when i rilly do they wont beleave me and ill die and theyll feel offil. jkjk. but it would rock to be old

""to start press any key", "whers th"
Old People
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy