Attempt to get a new car for your spouse -- it'll be a great trade! - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Tv Good or Bad

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
NevaEndinThinkr is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Tv Good or Bad
Hello Everyone,
I have always been into the whole thought of being a Christian but i have only recently become saved and accepted Jesus into my Heart about 2 to 3 weeks ago. What i have noticed only now that Jesus has given me the wisdom to know Sin and wrogn doing, is that i cant really watch anything on the TV anymore. All of the series are full of lieing, Deceit, lust, murder, corruption, and greed. I can give plenty exsamples, like

Survivor or anyother Reality Game Show
Your whole objective is to lie, scheme, betray and last but not least be as greedy as possible.

Primetime Series
such as that 70's show, skin, buffy, and many others are loaded
with sex scenes, cursing, evil creatures, lust, and adultry

Movies
its like almost impossible to find a movie that does not have any or all of these sinful actions.

If you ask anyone why they have so much sex on TV they will tell you Sex Sells which is the truth (which is the real problem)but the sex that they are selling is Sexual Immorality which is using sex in ways God says are wrong.
1Th 4:3
For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

1Th 4:4
That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour;

1Th 4:5
Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

I am not saying that there isnt anything on the TV spiritual. Its just that the things that seem to be popular or sells is the exact sinful actions that God warns us about and tells us not to support in anyway. So what do we do, Stop watching TV period, no we can do the very oposite we could watch TV more but only watch the Christian shows or channels that broadcast Gods great word and better yet pick up the Bible and read.

I could discuss on this all day but then i wouldnt leave much for yall.
So please post your opinions.

"Nothing\\\'s Impossible, It Just Hasn\\\'t Been Done Yet"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you don't like a TV show, don't watch it. If you don't like other people watching "immoral" TV, well tough, its a free country.

Really, TV is just to entertain and shouldn't be taken more deeply unless it damages our society (say food ads, kids shows starring 'cool' smokers ala Lucky Luke etc..).

I don't think the bible itself bans the showing of sexy scenes or sin in books or movies. The bible itself has huge amounts of blood, guts, holy slaughters of entire cities, sex, adultery, polygamy etc.. If the bible can host this sort of violence and sex, well it has no right to tell movies and shows not to.

Separation of church and state is fundamentally important. The lack of separation is the reason Iran is such a dangerous place. The US is still a free country, everyone is free to watch and enjoy 'sinful' shows. And you are just as free to not watch these shows if you find them sinful and distasteful.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont see anything wrong with watching sinful acts on tv, the reality shows i dont agree with and have tried to always stay away from, but the other shows.... they are fake, they dont actually commit sins... they definately elude to them but never actually follow through. so in my mind watching tv is ok.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
TV Stinks!

I find TV to be vile, I will watch for a few minutes then the commercils come on they go on for so long I forget what the hell I was watching so I get aggrivated and turn it off. If your looking for a high road of morality just forget about it will not happen. Personally I find all the violence on TV a little much it really is in your face and anything goes pretty much- I think that it is strange that violence is so acceptable while any sexuality is so taboo- Violence is about death and destruction while I feel the sexuality is life affirming- what the hell is wrong with that. I must say the late night softcore stuff fine with me! I don't mind seeing half naked people at all. And the movies are not the the only perpetrators of violence as well - the news can be worse and far more graphic-
My suggestion NET'er is to dispose of your tv at once before it turns you to the dark side...

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
Tv Good or Bad
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy