To sit alone with my conscience will be judgment enough for me. - Rev. Charles William Stubbs
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music theory to life theory

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The tuning of instruments dates back to the greeks. The Pythagoreans came up with a ratio 2:1 the golden ratio. They used it to tune their lyres and harps. There is one problem with this type of "natural tuning" you are unable to play all the scales and chords. Well you could but it sounds horrid. During the Renissance man altered this tuning to create a perfect relationship with the scales and chords.
The "natural tuning" of instruments is flawed. So this 2:1 ratio, which is mans blue print is also flawed. Yet with mans intervention we were albe to fix the flaw and make something beautiful and perfect. Why not apply this system of nature and man to formulate a perfect ballance with in our life, our society and governments? For 2:1 is 2 parts nature and 1 part humans.

Goes deeper but to much to type... lol

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 44yrs • M •
Jali is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Mr. kworld, that is nice observation. Respectfully, I would pay heed to other thinkers, especially musicologists. Confer with W.A. Mathieu and his book "Harmonic Experience." In the beginning of his book, he states that many musicians have simply lost the art of singing in tune with each other. In it he says, 'Equal temperament has been something like an electric light-highly useful, but alienating us from the basic rhythmns of the sun and moon, the purest phases of being."

Can our lives ever be "perfectly" balanced? And if so, how do you know that it will be brought by a synthesis between man and nature? In either case, doesn't seem that "natural tuning" is yet another aspect of man, and the way he listens to the world around him? In that case, is there ever such a thing as "natural" tuning? Maybe what we perceive to be natural is really "our perceptions." Therefore, not natual as in outside of ourselves, in a pristine natural sense. But a way that man interprets and structures the way that the outside world rushes into his senses.

All that being said, I think that you may be onto something.
As always, I could be wrong.

"I could be wrong"
 44yrs • M •
Jali is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
One more thing that I forgot to add. Might it be that when we tinker with life, towards the end goal of making something "beautiful and perfect," that we could potentially alienate ourselves from the fundamental experience of the thing to be perfected. In the end, potentially losing sight of what "needed" fixing.

"I could be wrong"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lets me try this again i was unalbe to submit my post due to technical difficulties...
Jaili you are right on what i have observed. As humans we are flawed its only clear, if we werent then we would already have a perfect and beautiful life. Since we are flawed that means everthing we see or do is flawed. So by man listening to our world and making it our own, what we have accomplshed is manipulating what we have recieved form nature and making it humanic.. if you will. It is no longer nautral. There is a pattern in the stars but their is no need to count, let the cosmos do what it does best. The day we figure out the natural aspects of our world and the secrets of the cosmos is the day it becomes curropt.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
[  Edited by kevosworld at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy