Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Valentines or Not?

User Thread
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Valentines or Not?
Valentines Day: A day in which you tell someone or the one you love that you adore them or love them.....

ok, so I just want to know what you think of this day that occurs once a year, if your in for it and what will you be doing or you think its just another money making scam?

Personally I do do something but only usually go out to dinner or just a quiet night in watching dvds. And this year Im doing about the same, Im broke and Im sure my boyfriend knows how much I LOVE him and that he dosnt need me to spend money on him to tell him so.

I think KEEP it sweet and simple?

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I also believe in keeping it simple. I buy my fiance a card and some silly cheap thing that he can use around the house or shop. We get the kids a lil something (again fairly cheap) and a bit of candy. Then we have a fairly nice dinner and watch movies.

I believe that Valenstine's Day is NOT just for significant others but ALSO for everyone that you love!

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
St valentine's day - Indeed it has become comercialized and I really hate that every damn thing has to be commercialized but Forget about it that is the ctrappy capitalistst trying to make apile a cash as usual. The day is a bout commemorating the love for that special someone. These little holidays mean a lot to my lady and that means a lot to me - this year we will be apart but I will send her something nice in the mail like some chocolates or something like that- the collection of these days a re important as they give our rather banal culture a breath of life. If you love someone the day means a lot more... So celebrate the one you love but don't loose your head over it

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I thought alot of people would have the similar view as me., which is good. Im not saying dont do anything but yeah the ideas that have come up are great.
I think Em's little idea to give the kids alittle something is great!

I think people that have started a new relationship feel more obliged to do something and buy that person a gift so they wont feel bad.
I guess as you get more and more comfortable with your partner you know what each other need/want and its simple and sweet to do something you enjoy together. Weather it be watching movies or making love on the beach etc.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Keep it simple people! I LOVE YOU!
Eldred

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As we have recently got a new home, we decided to get each one of our sons new furniture for their rooms. The Grandson got his own room, and a plaque with his birth picture, a heart and 1st Valentine's engraved. This year is more about the kids and letting the 3 of them enjoy it.

Happy Valentine's to all. May you get to spend the day with the ones closiest to your Hearts.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
Valentines or Not?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy