Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work. - Gustave Flaubert
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

cool people VS nerds - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
laughter and randomness are some of the best tools when used correctly.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So true. So true. I'm working to perfect my skills so I can se humor when it's right.

But cool ppl vs. nerds- as humans, we'll always categorize. I don't think one is better than the other. Why can't be al be friends? Group hug anyone?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im in, everyone is cool in some respect.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, regardless, whuz to decide if being cool's better or being a nerd? I mean it's becuz of so called nerdz and geeks that the human society has reached its current status

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dunno Angel. Sure nerds like Einstein, Galileo, and Shakespeare (was he a nerd?) have done a lot for society. The cool people, if that's what we want to call the more socially accepted people, have become rock stars, CEOs, and....hm...then again, I only remember the outcasts because they're the ones who left their imprints on society. Regardless, the cool people have their place- such as motivating the nerds indirectly.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Re-Animated is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cool VS Nerd

Nerd is synonymous with uncool. What is an arrogant way of saying that nerds are automaticly uncool. Is it becuse they care (about school, pc whatever), then that means the ''cool' are those who are automaticly careless?
The topic is just arrogant, as all of those who concider themselves to be one of the ''cool''. Or the topic was just a joke to start a discussion, cuz this is a DISCUSSION forum, what makes the topic irellevant. This waste of time descussion may also be the reason to why he started the topic, wich is good, and a good laugh to watch.

"Albert Fish: "What I did must have been right or an angel would have stopped me, just as an angel stopped Abraham in the Bible [from sacrificing his son].""
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
both cool and nerds are social denominations, not relevant to knowlesge or interest (this is just used for profiling).

What I'm saying is that these labels are determined by social skills, not information. The ability to speak ingagingly and command audience, as opposed to awkward or insecure faultering or "signs of weakness".

There are perfectly good speakers who are considered nerds because of the irrational association with weak social skills related to empirical knowledge.

Thats why there is the term nerd, and the term genius, in part. One is the redemption from the label that refers to weak social skills.

A nerd is a nerd partially because because no one understands what they are talking about, a genius is one who is able to communicate the idea, and of course hopefully advance the knowledge.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right. if everyone knew evrything, then no one wud be a nerd. If I knew alot bout science, then people who were interested in science wouldn't seem like nerds to me

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 32yrs • M •
kitimaridimashi is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
GO NERDS!

"Acid burns. Glue sticks. Don't mix them."
cool people VS nerds - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy