We are a tiny race, involved in a vast pursuit, amidst the cold stars, and all bound together by reason and amity. - Dr. Trefusius
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Village

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Village
just wondering if there are any M. Night Shyamalan fans out there... this is his new masterpiece

http://thevillage.movies.go.com/main.html

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
boy ive been waiting way too long for this movie ^_^

*bump*

just in case somebody else was gonna make a new thread... now hopefully they wont

56yrs • F •
GGiblet is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I really love his work---it's very poetic, very human and touching on the deepest, most beautiful parts of the soul. I feel this quality of his work is often overlooked by critics, in favor of the "secrets" and hooks that his movies have (and indeed, most good movies have to catch one unawares.) This is a great shame, because the deep meaning of the film, the message of love, forgiveness, saving grace---for me that is the real feeling that remains long after the theatre empties.
This next journey, into The Village...what will it hold for us? The ads look ominous and very beautiful; we shall see!
When you go, don't wear red......

"Ni hao! Love all sentient beings"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just another scary movie IMO

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 37yrs • M •
TheCrow10-12 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does anyone have any stories behind M. Night Shaymalan?

"We all have secrets Life would be boring without secrets, dont you think?"
 37yrs • M •
TheCrow10-12 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Does Anybody also know some kind of chat room for Night fans

"We all have secrets Life would be boring without secrets, dont you think?"
 40yrs • M •
*** SPOILER ***

i heard that at the end of this movie you find out that everyone in The Village is just on some reality show, in the present day.... sorta like The Truman Show.... i hope Night is more creative than that....

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*** SPOILER ***

I heard something like that from someone I know where the the village is actually in the middle of the modern world and they've simply been so isolated from it the entire time that they didn't realize it or something...although I think this was just speculation on the part of this person. Besides, there are lots of impossibilities in that theory.

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 33yrs • F •
XPunkieChickaX is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey does anyone have AIM?

33yrs • F •
XPunkieChickaX is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If u do have aim instant message me and i can send u a chat invite to my The Village chat room ok well hope to talk to you soon. my aim sn is XPunkieChickaX

40yrs • M •
Great movie! even though a lot of it was pretty obvious, and i went in knowning part of the ending already... i still enjoyed it a lot... the acting was superb and everything tied together very well at the end, and there were still a couple of surprises.

8/10

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow, i tell you what, there was some great acting (in some of this) and it had one of the most involving and touching love stories I've seen in a while, but that wasn't the main part of the movie, which otherwise blew serious goat balls, I was so pissed on how cheap the end was, very dissapointed coming from his other films, Unbreakable was weaker too but I'm such a comic nut in some ways and enough was done well to keep me interested.

I coulda strangled the little shit, either I missed something or that was just

Or maybe it was just the horrible gas from the popcorn, what do I know?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • F •
gothgirl101 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
havnt seen the village yet waz it that bad?
if it is i wont see it
so let me know wat u guys thought of it
thanx

"you morn the death of your bloody valentine"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I stand by my statements, I enjoyed some of it but overall I wanted to strangle m night shamylan, but mainly besause he dissapointed me so much.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 34yrs • F •
gothgirl101 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hahahahahahahahahah

"you morn the death of your bloody valentine"
The Village
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy