People don't want something or someone to believe in. People want something or someone to believe in them. - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Wearing your seatbelt

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wearing your seatbelt
Okay my question is as follows......

Do you or don't you wear your seatbelt in a moving vehicle?

If not ..........what are your reasons?

[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i wear my seatbelt all the time when i'm driving and i don't wear it when i'm in the passanger seat and it's not a long way because it's uncomfortable ...

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
With me it mostly depends on the weather situation and who is driving. If the visability is real bad or if the roads are real icy then ya I wear mine after I tilt my seat back so that seat belt won't strangle me. If I'm not in the drivers seat and I don't trust the driver's driving real well then again after I tilt the seat back ya I wear it. Otherwise no I don't. Seat belts were made for the short fat person and the tall person, I am neither of those. Just short. LOL

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im with Em on this one, but im kinda fat

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So Em.......

without seeming like an ass here, what do you teach your kids about wearing seatbelts?

And wyote, sorry for feeling blunt here but, do you really want yourself categrized as on of these?

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=16051-u-frmid=13

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes I wear my seat belts and sometimes I don't.
Sometimes I think about it and sometimes I don't. Sometimes when I do think about it, this is what I think: It's the law - you should follow the law; and then, wait a minute, who has the right to tell me I have to wear seat belts, on the other hand, it's the smart thing to do.

I think we should be encouraged to wear our seat belts. If a policeman or woman sees that you are not wearing your seat belts, they should stop you and say, "it might be a good idea for you to wear your seat belts." I don't think it should be a law. People don't follow laws. Laws only benefit those who make the fine.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My kids wear their seat belts when we are not in our little town that has no traffic. They know that when they are old enough to make the decision not wear them and know all of the risks wearing them and not wearing them that then they can make the decision on their own. Call me a hypocrit if you will but that is how I am. The seat belt literally chokes me so I choose not wear mine, not to mention that you hear of just as many accidents where the seat belt was worn did not help to save a life as you do the seat belt not being warn and not saving a life (obviously).

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wear my seatbelt all the time, espicially since I am from Jersey and it is now a law. But I have worn them all my life, and I really haven't thought twice about it.

But I do think that if someone wants to not wear their seat belt, as long as they are educated on what can happen then that is their choice.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*chuckles at firebird's link* i do feel pretty stupid sometimes when i dont wear my seatbelt. but like Em, the damn thing chokes me, im very short so it literally goes across my neck and i feel like if i were in an accident all it would do is cause me to choke to death as opposed to smashing my head in the window or something. i do wear my seatbelt ALL the time on the highway and on the "backroads" where most accidents occur (so ive heard) but with just a quick run across town or something, i only wear it about 40-50% of the time. recently ive been wearing it more because i want to set an example for my younger sister... also, i ALWAYS wear my seatbelt when im the one driving... for some reason i trust others more than myself... go figure.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i don't like wearing a seatbelt, purely because they make me feel uncomfortable....but if i am taking a long journey, i will wear it and i'll wear a belt in my mum's car...her driving is nuts!!!

"my name says it all!"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I always wear my seatbelt.

I feel "naked" if I don't

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Always been taught to drive with a seatbelt... so I do.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Man you have to be an absolute dumbass not to wear a seatbelt it's just necesary.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I always wear my seatbelt unless Im reversing out, which you dont have to wear one then.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had considered commuting all the way to work in reverse one time but came to my senses....
So in austrailia you have to wear a seatbelt unless your in reverse?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
Wearing your seatbelt
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy