Great men are those who see that thoughts rule the world. - " Ralph Waldo Emerson"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why ask why?

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
JohnSavage is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Why ask why?
From the beginning of time, man has asked why? Why do we ask why? We ask why because we always want to know and when we know, we inquire about that which we know. Funny is not. Mans insatiable desire to want to know is the causation of many of his/her actions in life. For any "true" intellect, if he/she were really honest with themselves and humble enough to admit, that the very state and rate at which their minds inquire of the unknown is, at that point in which they come to the realization and state of being of how little they really do know. Once the seed was planted in the Garden of Eden by the serpent and Adam foolishly tilling the soil of abomination to that which was perfect, this set all things in motion like the energy that it is, it can not necessarily be destroyed but takes on different forms and transcends through the disturbed waters of time, of which each and every one of us represents, a little droplet, a little H2O molecule in these waters of time. Until the end of the earth, as it would be, we will forever ask why until our time has been consumed because, as we would have it, time is a theory in question, of which can not bedestroyed but can be consumed and when that day comes, at God's command, we will no longer ask why but we will know and He is the reason why.....

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right - It can't be sinful to ask why, and we should for the sake of the community to prevent us from being led astray. Fear keeps the flock in line. If you question, you doubt, and doubting is a lack of faith.

In sales training it is taught that the one who questions is the one most interested in buying. So it could be said that the one who questions is the most faithful.

But - this is another reason why we are different from all the other animals, a subject that has always fascinated me.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 47yrs • M •
JohnSavage is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You also are right. I totally agree with you, it is not sinful to ask why? We are in agrement on that, but I never said it was sinful to ask why? But I would still like to ask, Why Do We Ask Why? From mans perspective, if you will.

Also, another side note, actually like to suggest that fear does not keep the flock in line, given, that many have still been lead astray in their "Fear".

I also noted that you said, "the one who questions is the most faithful". How does this hold true?

47yrs • M •
What else would this suggest in that many people continue to ask why? What is their motive? What foundation would you suggest that many people ask why?

People many times don't always want the truth. They want what they can readily work with anf manipulate. This is where we get in to the object of asking why.

Many people today ask why but are no more faithful than the next person and that within itself is like a wndering generality.

When we ask why of which things of substance are, that can and is manty times, a good thing....

What about the what, in many people's why? Also, many people are not think much if anything about the truth.....

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What, why and how is a process. For example, a person sees a car, the what is asking what it is. The why is asking for what purpose is it constructed(e.g travelling), and the how is the final explanation(e.g it is first desighned, then built by machines, then sold).
However, i dont agree with John when he said people do think much isf anything of the truth. Questioning IS a quest for the truth. The ultimate universal truth perhaps may never come, but by asking these small questions we will slowly be able to understand this universe.
I agree when he said that people do not always want the truth. That is because of the fundamental reason that people are afraid of change, and I'm not talking about changes like a new invention or you aunt going to Iraq, the BIG things, like God, time, the unverse etc. People reject these because these 'whys' expose the limit to human understanding.
In short, simply if why was not asked, then we wouldn't be where we are today. It is the 'why' that drives science.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 47yrs • M •
Is it really the why that drives science or the seeking of waht is true (truth), which lies in all of us, that drives science and brings us where we are in our growth process of today?

35yrs • M •
Why IS seeking the truth. People ask why because they want to know the truth. Withought a question, there can be no answer.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dr. suess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
WHY drives much more than science, it drives life. how do you think GOD came to be, or religion, or math, or science, or anything knowledgable we know today. if we didnt ask why we would not understand any single thing in this universe.

35yrs • M •
The ultimate purpose of science IS to understand life. Anyway we'r both saying the same thing. Why drives everything, and science attempts to explain

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Science is a method which allows us to reach an objective, temporary and accurate answer to why.
It is not the only method, but its my favourite thus far.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
Right

Why ask why?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy