Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Governmental Reform

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
IMF is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Governmental Reform
When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to recognize when a country is in a state of demise, and in dire need of reformation. Our country, the United States of America is overrun with corruption, vengeance, and overall just isn't very good behind the mask. Our president is feeding endless tons of propaganda into the mouths of faithful citizens whom are being taken advantage of, and having their patriotism abused. I am a non-partisan, so I am not putting fault solely on the shoulder of our president, who is republican. What I am simply stating is that there is entirely too much centralized power in this 'democracy', and power should be returned to the people, because I am not about to let one agency hold responsibility for the downfall of American society. Keep in touch all; peace, and Merry Christmas from the IMF.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A-MEN. Power to the people brother.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right on IMF, reformation of government is long overdue. It is about time we speak out & set the processes into motion to return the government to serving the people.
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=26113-u-page=5#27312 Apathy
The real problem is Inertia, what happens with large wheels start spinning,
they just seem to want to runoff on their own!

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Looks like I have this forum to myself?
Was out yesterday promoting voters registration & ran into some contrary situations. One guy was livid that he was broached with the question, Are you registered to vote? Yet the black guy who fail to register to vote seemed most adamant about the previous election & how they had denied their (black voters) rights by altering their votes? Which is good because it brought home issues that have been lost in clamor of war. What has been done to secure the voters rights to vote & have a just & responsible count made of the votes?
As I thought about these things I considered various voter platforms, what the people would think or say about their right to vote. His vivid argument started me to think about peoples actions in general.
Like how many times do you see people stop before leaving the store to check their receipt to insure they had not been overcharged or charged for items not received?
I started thinking isn't your vote just as important to you as the price paid for a loaf of bread? If I charge something on a credit card, am I not given an invoice receipt to sign? So why not the same care should not be given my VOTE!
One of the qualms of computer voting is their is no paper trail to substantiate the tally? But an electronic vote, routed to a printed receipt requiring my signature to verify my vote would do so while allowing me to re-inspect that I had accounted my vote as being properly done with my signature before the electronic input into the tally. The top copy would be used to make a physical count to insure proper & accurate electronic count while a copy (my receipt) could be verified a correct tally in disputed results?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You would think, but they still need that made more convenient too,

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 63yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nugamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right on IMF!

It's too far-gone now; the Constitution has been watered down, our courts have made a mess of it; Congress has created way too many entitlements and taxation schemes.

I think its time to re-boot this PC... We need another Civil War...

"Life, Liberty, & Property Rights."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
right. We cant even pay for what we're doing now, and you want ANOTHER tax cut?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 63yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nugamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

Not sure who you're addressing on the "tax cut" comment... Heck, I'm in favor of abolishing the Federal Income Tax in favor of a National Sales Tax.

"Life, Liberty, & Property Rights."
Governmental Reform
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy