What shall profiteth a man if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul? - ailanie12
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Personal Thoughts

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personal Thoughts
What are your thoughts on relationships with older woman/men and younger woman/men? Is this acceptable to the public in your opinion? Express all your concerns, and views on this matter at hand.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Age does matter. A few years, no big deal, but a lot of years, not good. You will have difficulty sharing in eachothers world and you'll both end up feeling lonely and blaming the other for it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
DaiTheFlu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
yeah i agree. a few years doesn't really make a difference, but if its alot then you are two completly different worlds. example: (even tho this really isn't a man/woman relationship) look at your parents they are maybe 20 years apart from you and they don't like it when there kids get tattos and piercings. or whatever the fad was then or is now. same in a relationship with an older man/woman or younger man/woman. they just wouldn't understand each other.

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok here is a question for all those saying a little age diff is ok but not a lot, how many years do you think is to many years?

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 38yrs • M •
DaiTheFlu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i agree, if coarse it happens, love knows no boundaries. but the chances are extreme small. people do get old in the sense there way of thinking changes and they look at life differently becasue of there experiences. it only works if they find some kind of common ground to work off of.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fifteen years is the cut off line. personally anything beyond five years apart seems weird to me, but i have seen people fifteen years apart that look like they are a perfect match. beyond fifteen starts to make me think the people may have some "issues" and its just wrong in my mind... i mean me (age 20) being with a 35 year old sounds bad enough! significant age difference in relationships is looked down on for good reasons IMO.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Age Diffrence well There is a point where it does sound weird
And I don't think its right theres a major Gap, But if I were to have an age limit it would be five years. older because well if it were younger I'd be in Jail.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't really think that age should me that much of a difference, love knows no boundaries and all that crap ya know. But, I do find it sad when I see Junior/Senior guys going out with Freshmen girls. I mean jeez, that's sad, it's not like it's that hard for a junior/senior to get a younger girl, they only do it because they know it's easy. So, I'm happy just laughing and making fun because of the fact they can't get girl their own age.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
honestly, ever since i like hit puberty, the thought of older men is very enticing. not like 40 or anything,maybe late twenties, early 30's. i wouldnt, but still...

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it totally depends on circumstances. There are so many variables for every individual and every situation that could change the "acceptance" of such a relationship. I have dated older men and younger men and those relationships were there for a reason and I learned what I needed to learn. None of them lasted beyond a few months and the person I am with now and whom I have decided on as a life partner is a couple of years older than me. But I think that it could work with a couple that was say 20 years apart. If it works it works. If it doesn't it doesn't. How people perceive it ideally shouldn't matter, although many times it can be difficult to overcome other's perceptions.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think adults should have the freedom to choose whoever they want.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I totally agree that there is no "one size fits all" and that love knows no boundiers. I think that the circumstances does make a difference and that it all depends on the people in the relationship. I have seen older women fall in love with MUCH younger men/boys and visa versa. I guess it all just depends on the people and situation. I also think that parents/guardians should understand that some situations come about that we do not understand and should be supportive of thier kids.

I have four teenagers and they all are "in love" so I think I understand but the mind of a teenager is something that no one really can understand. Hey some of you teens on here help me out with this love thing and teens k.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you were to ask me this question 22 years ago, my response would be 'age is just a number'. My views have changed dramatically.

I remember being 20 and being head over heels for a man that was 36. I remember his grumbles beneath his breath, while I played my Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd music. I reacted the same way when he listened to the Beatles.

If a 30 something year old man wanted to date my daughter (if she was 18), he would get a serious talking from me, and my husband would show him his gun collection. I would definitely question his intentions.

The same holds true for a 30 something year old woman, dating an 18-year-old male. I see woman (my age) that dress and act like a 20 year old. There are times when my daughters and I share clothes, but there's a limit. Von Dutch tanks looks adorable on a teenager, not on a 40 something woman.

There's a huge difference from someone being 33 and dating a 48 year old, versus being 33 and dating a 18 year old.

33yrs • F •
Eternal is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Well i have 2 opinions on this issue. The first is that love has no boundaries, if your in love your in love. And if the other person loves you back age doesnt matter.

But think of your dad going out with a girl your age. i'd be disgusted. i was reading in the newspaper a week ago of this incident where the mum married her 14 year-old son's best friend. And this guy is 14 too. And the mum is 30 something years.

"Live life as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i was reading in the newspaper a week ago of this incident where the mum married her 14 year-old son's best friend. And this guy is 14 too. And the mum is 30 something years.

Did they arrest her? They should have.

Personal Thoughts
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy