If you like me, I'll relish you. If you love me, I'll treasure you. If you hurt me, I'll DESTROY you. - Evilia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Homosexual Marriage - Page 5

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Yet the ones who take the strongest stances will go so far as to consider gay people as an abomination

Yet was not one of the disciples, know as the one Jesus loved? Were not Christian Apostles know to (recieve & extend) exchange a scared (holy) kiss?
It is not the love they hold for each other but
the form, their love unfolds to make.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, the question isn't about love, brotherly and fatherly love is accepted, its just sex they get so hung up on, no matter who is doing it when where or how.

Yet many of them will have an enjoy anal intercourse, I just don't see the big problem, how things can be so hypocritical, so openly biased, and when asked, to not even really know or have a good explanation as to why they are so against it. I don't even know if more than 10 people can tell why they are against gays and their marriage without mentioning the bible.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 72yrs • M •
quote:
I don't even know if more than 10 people can tell why they are against gays and their marriage without mentioning the bible.
No betting on that . . . their own outrage is reinforced by their belief in 'their version' of christianity.
Well, considering that homosexuality is an abomination, what else is considered 'the abomination',
their waywardness, they put before Christ?

40yrs • F •
AussieLovin126 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hi there, I am new to this forum, but I am doing a paper in Philosophy on Homosexual Marriage and Adoption... My main question is whether Homosexuality is moral or not...? I do not mean to ask whether it is written down somewhere, but rather WHY it is "immoral" in popular belief? Just because it is WRITTEN somewhere does not MAKE it automatically immoral. One must look at the reasons behind that viewpoint and decide whether those reasons are valid and true. I have been posting on another sight that is predominately religious and so far have not received any valid reasons to support the idea that homosexuallity is immoral.
As you can see I am completely behind both civil unions and adoption for homosexuals. My brother is gay and has been "married" for almost five years now. Their relationship is far more stable than many marriages I see around me. So tell me, why are they being denied all the benefits heteros receive; such as hospital rights, tax cuts, adoption, etc...?
By the way several of you have some good ideas support my point of view. Do you mind if I use some of your arguments in my paper? Other have shaky arguments and still others I have already used! Thanks for your in put and keeping an open mind!
AussieLovin126

"It is a far better thing, to shoot for the STARS and land in the trees, than to shoot for the trees and land in the MUD!!! Author unknown"
 40yrs • F •
AussieLovin126 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have just finished reading through the whole forum and have concluded that some of you are actually worth listening to and, in fact, most of you are worth it most of the time. It is sad when a few intollerant people ruin and degrade a legitimate discussion by putting forth their own opinions without any valid reasons to support them. Sometimes listening to reason causes us to go against how we feel!
I am not sure which of you mentioned that religion and morality is one and the same, but I completely disagree. Religion is only a way of interpretting morals it is not morals themselves.
Ask yourself this question: Are actions moral because God commands them or does God command them because they are moral?
Please feel free to answer how you like.
This does come back to our discussion quite nicely.
If you were to say that all things God commands are moral, them you commit His commands to being arbitrary and doom the "goodness of God" to nothingness. This means that God could command us to commit murder and be cronic liars and it would be moral... Right? Of course, because everything God commands is moral.
"Ohhhh, God wouldn't do that..." WHY?
The fact that I am able to ask that question goes to prove that there must be reasons for saying an action is immoral. This proves that morality is a completely seperate entity than religion. Your religious beliefs only influence how you interpret morality.
So, "Why is Homosexuality immoral?"
I ask this question, because many believe this is the ulitimate reason Homos should not be allowed to marry or adopt.

Please do not quote the Bible, I have heard enough of it and feel that just because something has been traditionally right for a long period of time, does not necessarily make it true. Humans and their judgement are most certainly fallible; we have proven that time and time again!

"It is a far better thing, to shoot for the STARS and land in the trees, than to shoot for the trees and land in the MUD!!! Author unknown"
 46yrs • M
"This means that God could command us to commit murder and be cronic liars and it would be moral... Right? Of course, because everything God commands is moral.
"Ohhhh, God wouldn't do that..." WHY?"

Even in bible god does do just that, besides countless wars and battles, he told somebody, (forget the names at the moment, not a big bible reader), anyway he told him to kill his own kid. Which he did, its in the bible. The really weird part is that someone who has read it more explained to me how this very guy won an argument with god, in the bible, but he still killed his kid. Yay Morals!!

So far, I don't know of any arguments outside of religious ones, I do know there are obviously a lot of stigmas attached, but they all seem to rumors or accounts of worst case scenarios, like molestastion or whatever all people are afraid of gay people doing. But these are crimes that are commited by "normal" hetero parents and adults every day.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • F •
Hey!
How's it goin??
I have just begun my paper for philosophy and have found that I have so much information that it is a bit hard to organize...
I am wondering if anyone is even up this time of day? It is 9:45 in the evening for me... Anyone stateside awake?

40yrs • F •
I have just found a very interresting website that has portrayed the question ofhomosexuality in a very fair way.
www.religioustolerance.org/hom_marint3.htm
Tell me what you think?

40yrs • F •
I have found that the most common argument against homosexual marriage and adoption is firstly Bible quotation. The Bible was originally written in Hebrew and many words have several meanings, depending on which meaning you use changes the meaning of the whole sentence or even story. As in the Case or Genesis, the story of Sodom and Gomorrah. Although, it has been traditionally put forward that the Bible condemns homosexuality; that may not be the case. Go to that website and look at the interpretation of the affore mentioned story.
The second most common argument is that because homosexuals cannot reproduce, they should not be able to marry or adopt. Anyone married out there? Would you agree that the only reason you are married to your partner is because you can someday have children....? I have been married for a very short two years (happily, by the way) and I do not plan on having children. In fact, I faithfully take a pill every morning in order to prevent even the possibility of a child!!! First of all we are not finacially ready for child-rearing; second we are yound and would like to get to know one another better before adding the stress of children into our already complicated military life. Is my marriage null and void? I think not, at least if I have any say about it! We are just thinking ahead and being smart about our plans for the future. There are many married couples out there who choose not to or are incapable of having children, would you prevent THEM from getting married? Of course not, it seems ludicrouse (did I spell that right?) when looked at from that point of view.
Finally, when it comes to adoption, many people have said that it will have adverse effects on the children if raised by homosexual parents. There have been studies showing that the relationship between a child and his/her parents is more important than the gender. I do agree, that there should be more extensive studies into the adoption question. I say this because there have been studies that show the exact opposite to the one I just stated. However, I think a major factor in how a child views his/her parents depends greatly on their relationship with their parents and on how society views the idea that their parents are homosexual. This should not stop us from exploring the option, though! Logically children raised by homosexual parents will be more tolerant and thus help change societies views. I can think of plenty of heterosexual couples who are not fit to be parents, but because they are biologically programmed for kids, that gives them the right... Maybe parents should be lisenced...

40yrs • F •
Sorry if it looks as though I am writing a book!!!
This is my number one subject to debate and I feel I have plenty of logical reasoning to back up my views!
Feel free to try to shake my tree a bit. The last forum I posted at only boosted my confidence!

Bring IT ON!!!!

46yrs • M
Hate to dissapoint, but no arguments here thus far. And I've noticed some aversion to speaking to much against gay marriage and abortion rights on this site, there are some strong religious and or conservatives though.

72yrs • M •
Hi, aussie glad you joined the conversation, I noted new blood in the ranks probing the treads with some very sensitive issues.
quote:
www.religioustolerance.org/hom_marint3.htm

quote:
This proves that morality is a completely seperate entity than religion. Your religious beliefs only influence how you interpret morality.
Is moral a preception of man or (if God exist) GOD's? I have noted that many, who set moral ground as an ethical guideline find themselves transgressor of that (Holy) ground.
In the Judeo_Christian view; GOD is the authority of morality because that which is moral comes from Him. As an example look at leftwood's comment.
[quote] Even in bible god does do just that, besides countless wars and battles, he told somebody, (forget the names at the moment, not a big bible reader), anyway he told him to kill his own kid. [quote] In the OT. the only story I remember like this was that he was told to make a sacrifce of his son. On the journey he came upon a ram caught in a thicket which he percieved that (instead) GOD had provided the sacrifice, in His Son (Jesus). [foreshadowing principles are a trait used in biblical studies]

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 34yrs • M •
Jimi444 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am for gay marriage, as a far left liberal myself. Everyone should be treated equal. They should be treated the same as a strait marriage.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have one gay friend (at least that I know of) and believe that people should be treated equally no matter what they choose to do, or who they choose to do for that matter. Who is the Gov. to choose who we can love, fuck that, fuck them, fuck it.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*Originally posted by wesdawgy*
quote:
Who is the Gov. to choose who we can love, fuck that, fuck them, fuck it.

A FUCKIN MEN.

ps long time no see dood, hows the new job and new grocery geter treating you?

Homosexual Marriage - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy