Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Hardest Question? - Page 4

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Come on folks everyone knows the LORD said "let there be light" and there was light! It just happened, he probably said that about everything- like" Let there be IceCream" and there was Ice Cream or "let there be deep fried cheesballs wrapped in stips of tender bacon" it's that easy for a devine power.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course God said let there be light, but its not that simple. Ofcourse, If He wanted, He could do anything in an artibarary way, but for somereason chose to let the universe evolve according to certain laws. Things do not just 'Happen'. God didnt say let there be a universe and it 'happened'. It was a extremly complicated process which science is slowly discovering. If you adobted the artbarary aproach, there wouldn't be any point of science would there?
Light also did'nt just 'happen'.It is know that energies have existed forever, and all of matter was formed out of them. at the beggining, these energies must have combined or something to form light.(Of course, God DID form light, but there's a lot more to that)

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well the universe is pretty arbitrary. Why is matter attracted to each other (gravity)? Why does matter lose all cohesion after a certain density? Why can nothing get past the speed of light? Why is everything relative? Why are there only 4 perceivable dimensions?
The universe may not be arbitrary but God's Law which governs it certainly is.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
Thats what I am saying!God is artbary, and can set whatever laws, but then has to follow them Himself, Usually.
I asked the same question about gravity in another thread, and was told that there re a number of complex equations regarding it.Why can't we get past the speed of light? Because the faster you go, the more weight you gain. So nothing with mass can go at or faster than the speed of light.
Why are there only four dimensions? Because any more and anyless and life as we know it would'nt exist(I ll not get into the deatails, and yes, God Must have chosen the dimensions)

You can ask why do we see with our eyes and not our feet(God choice), thats another thing,be it artibary,(though I dont think so, because it was probably because of differnt affects on evolution) but asking how we see is another thing. If laws wee artibary, then there would be no process of 'seeing', we would simply 'see',withought any mechanisim.

In short,God chose the initial conditons in an artibary way, and for whatever reason chose to let them follow rules.However, there is no end to a why, i mean, we can't even be 100% sure that we exist!

37yrs • M •
"In short,God chose the initial conditons in an artibary way, and for whatever reason chose to let them follow rules."
Yep, I think that's it. Assuming there is a God.

"However, there is no end to a why, i mean, we can't even be 100% sure that we exist!"
No one can be sure others exist, but I know I exist

35yrs • M •
Well actually you can't be hundred percent sure that u exist, since(in short) everything is just a memory. Even as you type a reply to this, that to just becomes a memory!So for all we know, the universe could have started 2 sec's ago!
(lets not get into this topic)

37yrs • M •
I've no idea if my past life was real by I AM certain that I'm currently experiencing something and therefore must exist.
You are right however in saying that for all I know my whole past existance was false.

33yrs • M •
school is jail is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
hey i know a hard question how come bids fly but flys dont bird its kind hard huh

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes and if seaguls live by the sea, why dont bagals live by the bay?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
The hardest question:
How do you get rid of the door to door religious types quickly without being rude?

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
don't open the door

that's what i do
and when i do i just say i have to go to work and i'l love to listen to some quotes from the bible when i'm back from work

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
answer the door when youre completely naked...
not that i would ever do such a thing...
*shifty eyes*

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
I think next time I will pretend I am god tell them there doing a good job and that I am busy and have to go smite some non beleivers and so forth.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but that IS kinda rude
i understand that they're a little bit too much into god but i'm sure they can still sense the sarcasm

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 52yrs • M •
Yeah that is rude impersonating a diety they worship I could see how the might be upset- I think it is a no win situation but they indeed are rude as well- dipensing social norms just standing at your door blithering away.....but maybe a pit trap filled with cobras or something- is that rude?

The Hardest Question? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy