"The secret source of humour itself is not joy, but sorrow. There is no humour in heaven" - kevosworld
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Hardest Question? - Page 3

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sentient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A tough question indeed

"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a lot

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
as much as it chooses to.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dr. suess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is non existence and is it fathomable

42yrs • M •
crowded hermit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The evidence supporting God is so overwhelming that we often dismiss it because being overwhelmed is uncomfortable. Especially when understanding takes so much more effort. Downfalls of today's western society comfort and laziness.

"According to your faith be it unto you."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The evidence supporting God is overwhelming? What kind of God, islamic God, biblical God or a Greater God behind all religions?
Such a vage statement is far too open to interpretation.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dr. suess is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if there was any concrete evidence of a god than it wouldnt be hard for anyone to believe. that is why they call it belief. when you ask someone to prove god exists they reply with i cant i just believe in him. which is all you can do. not until she comes down here herself will anyone in the world be able to prove that thier is a god.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course you can't have any concrete evidence regarding aGod, but then how can we sure even of gravity? U can come up with a number of theories regarding what keeps the galaxies in orbit etc.
If you have any doubt of a god, that means that the universe has existed forever, as there was no begging, which brings a number of ridiculous(atleast by what we observe) theories etc. The most logical one is a creation as that agrees with scientific information, and so does gravity, thus we prefer theories which genreally are the most logical.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
Of course you can't have any concrete evidence regarding aGod, but then how can we sure even of gravity? U can come up with a number of theories regarding what keeps the galaxies in orbit etc.
If you have any doubt of a god, that means that the universe has existed forever, as there was no begging, which brings a number of ridiculous(atleast by what we observe) theories etc. The most logical one is a creation as that agrees with scientific information, and so does gravity, thus we prefer theories which genreally are the most logical.

37yrs • M •
"Of course you can't have any concrete evidence regarding aGod, but then how can we sure even of gravity?"
You can never be completely sure of anything. But we can remove all but reasonable doubt.
Gravity : two objects go towards each at a rate defined by a complex formula.
Verification : I drop an apple, it falls. It would seem to work.

"If you have any doubt of a god, that means that the universe has existed forever,"
Completely untrue. A creation of the universe does not mean any sort of biblical God, any conscious God whatsoever.

37yrs • F •
"If you have any doubt of a god, that means that the universe has existed forever, as there was no begging, which brings a number of ridiculous(atleast by what we observe) theories etc."

i dunno about you man but i believe that the universe existed forever and well to me it makes a little bit more sense than believing in god and that he/she/it exister forever .... IMO thinking that there was god ( and he/she/it just WAS there and came absolutely out of nowhere ) and that the god just created all this shit is rediculous

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The toughest question?

Are wse really Sentient?

and

How do I post a lovly picture beside me scrawl?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 35yrs • M •

well, i wz jus wonderin, that where did light come from? I mean did it form after the big bang or is it a form of energy, meaning it has existed for ever. And how did the colours that make it come togather???!?!!?!?
Also, what are colours? Could it be that there could be a number of other colours that exist but we can't see them because light is not made up of them?

37yrs • M •
There are other colours, its just our eyeballs aren't made to see them. I think it'll be sooooo friggin cool to have GMed eyeballs which can see all the new colours

37yrs • F •
yes it sure would be cool

i think the light came after the big bang

The Hardest Question? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy