Life is so full of mysteries, that's why I don't think about them - Frozen Flame
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

your job....

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
your job....
What do you do for living/money?

What do you like about your job?
what dont you like about your job?

Are you working towards another career or are you gonna die doing what you are doing now?

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rossetti is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, since I am the first to respond to this thread, I guess that means I really love my job . . . and I do!
I am a graduate assistant at a university and teach writing composition. I get paid quite well, which is a big help since I am paying my own way through grad school.

One of the things I like about my job is the atmosphere. It is very laid back and I am pretty much my own boss with my own office. If I am sick or just don't feel like teaching one day I can just ask the secretary to put a note on the classroom door....it's really no big deal. However, I am very dedicated, and although I am just a few years older than my students, its fun to "scare" them or play the "mean" teacher once in a while. I have to admit that I intimidate many of my male students--especially the big, tough football players. I guess they are not used to a woman telling them what to do.
The best thing about my job is being around my fellow
colleagues / classmates. Since we teach and go to school at the same time, we really have a great support system going with one another. It is so amazing to go to a job where I am surrounded by scholarly-minded people who love literature and have serious aspirations in life.
The only liability of teaching that I can think of is the below-average writing skills I have to deal with. It's quite disturbing to learn that some of my students have made it this far when they can't even spell correctly.

Yes, I am working towards another career. In three or four years I will have my PhD and will be able to work as a professor anyplace of my choice. My area of focus is nineteenth-century British literature, and I hope to help my future students learn to love all the great classics as I do.

"Les enfers sont les autres."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Umm...I hate when I'm wrenching on something, and I bust my knuckles on the engine block...lol.

I am an Automotive Technician by trade, and hope to one day teach Automotive Technology at the college level. I love working on cars, partly because of the accomplishment of seeing your work drive down the road when your finished; problem solving.

I like teaching and training people in the things that I know. It makes me feel useful. The Auto industrry is an ever growing one, and I hope to evolve with the business. It is really just applied Science, I love it.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm currently back at the gas station I worked at last year for the time being. It's only temporary though to help out the owners for a time. I'm more interested in concentrating on my schooling and working towards the career I have choosen to go into.

""Live life to the fullest!""
 44yrs • M •
What are you going to school for, Emerald?
Just curious...

What about the Author of this post , Firebird?

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Computers dawg. I want to take every course on computers that I can but am currently taking Web Site Design and PC Repair.

""Live life to the fullest!""
 45yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Aura is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
On the side I work with autistic children. Sometime I get into developing activity programs for groups of kids under 12. I love kids, I can stop being an adult and get silly with them.

Other than that I market for a large tech company.. *runs and hides from corporate haters*

"I'm here to live... OUT LOUD!"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As all the corporate haters gather with the pitchforks and torches they seem to lose sight of aura and decide to just sit around and drink beer and watch SNL.

44yrs • M •
LMAO!
...and enjoying SNL...he he he

your job....
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy