Everyone takes the limits of their own vision for the limits of the world. - Arthur Schopenhauer
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why is suicide frowned on??? - Page 6

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
they urk me too, why is this kind of thing allowed in our country? The politicians are telling us how to live and what to do. that's not how this is supposed to work i don't think...
anyway, why are these people making decisions over the control of our lives when they can't grasp the reasoning behind it?

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 40yrs • M •
fidelitygastro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:

people who ask you to sacrafice your life for your country.....i.e. political figures,and leaders of government...are selfish and self contradicting assholes.

In political and nationalist contexts, if the term "sacrifice" is used, it should not be taken literally. As a group, our purpose must be to improve the existing human living conditions. Which means dat u would have to give preference to the unit as a whole, more than self.

As for the issue of suicide being legal or illegal..its sumthin to be debated..im ready to ....

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
suicide is illeagle in some places, wich is a completely rediculous law .....how are you going to be charged if you're dead....and if you try to kill yourself and fail what are they going to do arrest a fragile minded person who already wants to die....not a good idea.......no one should be allowed to tell you what you can and can not do with your body as long as you arent physicaly hurting someone else.....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
fidelitygastro is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
see rancid...

basically the law is kept because...it is not the right direction , suicide . And if people were allowed freedom to switch off their life buttons, it would make an impact on the other people's minds. slowly slowly ,seein suicide after suicide would be makin impacts deeper. Then the subconscious itself accepts it as part of life..and then suicides would be cliched.I mean...is dat the way to go?

do u think dats the way life should be taken so easily?
u gota live...u gota develop guts to live...and if u are short of it, someone else should instill it in them

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok....i sort of see some of your ponts....but, the fact that suicide is illeagal, well, i dont think thats ever stopped anyone....and i dont think that if it were to become legal there would be an increase in people killing themselves just because it's legal.....doesnt that seem a bit silly to you?

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 48yrs • M •
elixior is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I SEEK NO PITY-JUST UNDERSTANDING: AS DIFFICULT AS IT MAY BE.
Have you ever felt like, you know, that you know, what you know? This statement has allowed me to see people and things for whom and what they truly are and at the same time, has turned me into the social misfit I am today. I still struggle with the basic question, that is, "What purpose does my existence serve?" This question has become more pressing of late as I find myself with a career and NOTHING else. I live in a foreign country with no family or friends here and possess an uncanny ability to generate a strong dislike by people towards me even when saying or doing absolutely nothing. I harbour no ill feelings towards anyone and frustrate myself because I empathise with the emotional outfall of other people's suffering-when I in turn only receive abuse on a daily basis. Is this my destiny? I found myself towards the end of April at the precipice of the ultimate decision of ending the hollow clanging of my life. I stopped only because I thought of the effect that something like this would have on my family, in particular my parents. It is easy for anyone to say that someone who considers taking their own life is selfish, but this is one of those situations that you can NEVER understand until you find yourself at that very point that so many souls believe to be the only solution. Though I've taken a step back, I KNOW, THAT I KNOW, that I will be back on that ledge, and then finally find out whether EVERY LIVING THING DIES ALONE.

"What consumes your mind, controls your life."
 35yrs • F •
curious123 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
mmm suicide shouldnt be frowned upon...if someone wants to take their own life there is good reason behind it that other people just dont understand and therefor think of it as stupidity.
maybe for suicidal people its the only way to release themselves from the pain.
we are all going to die anyway, its just that some people die sooner. When people say 'they couldve accomplished more in life if they lived for longer,' it seems pointless seeing as anything and everything you do accomplish will be for nothing in the long run.

""every advance in knowledge faces us with the mystery of our own being""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess my thoughts on suicide can best be summed up in the song "For a Dancer" written by Jackson Browne after a good friend committed suicide:

"And somewhere between the time you arrive and the time you go, may lie a reason you were alive but you'll never know."

I don't claim to have all the answers or to know all the reasons for suicide, maybe some people feel it is the best way for them and it could be who knows? But my feelings on this answer can also be summed up in a song by Jackson Browne called "Song for Adam" (written again after the same person committed suicide"

"When I stood myself beside him I never thought I was as strong, Still it seems he stopped his singing in the middle of his song. Well, I'm not the one to say I know but I'm hoping he was wrong."

I guess in the end I always have to hold out hope.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 33yrs • F •
demie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
wel lets be fair your taking a life !
ok its your life to take but why things cant be that bad 2 kil urself because you wil then never know!

an the things that reali ticks me of is when ppl say they wana kil themsleves an keep saying it an then they try 2 an dont do it properly just to get a sympthny vote drives me crazy "
demie x

"i love my bf as much as i love games XD"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
..interesting that Feb is a suicide time

And I must agree with those who say "it's the most selfish act " merely because it hurts, and betrays those left behind who loved you (and there is always somebody, even if it's just your dog!)

But I can easily relate to those suicidal feelings. Yesterday my small business which I carefully built up over many years,
folded. Just like that, overnight, squeezed out of existence by a greedy more powerful competitor.

And after the initial shock, tears, and facing a future without any foreseeable income, I find myself actually contemplating suicide.
Now asking myself what is really going on behind these thoughts? I find it is unquestionably : ANGER

But angry at what?!
Small businesses go under every single day, and what of it if I have to move, give up my lifestyle...

In a former time of my life, when I still believed in God, I would have liked to imagine that some higher power had a better plan for me.
But now that I am wiser, I know this is not true. And I am so tired of being a pawn-on-the-chessboard of life...

But would I commit suicide? Mmm, tempting to think of escape..., but NEVER could I do something so cruel and thoughtless to these people in my life ( even though having this conviction doesnt make me feel any better about myself...)

why is suicide frowned on??? - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy