I have great faith in fools - my friends call it self-confidence. (Edgar Allen Poe) - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

why is suicide frowned on??? - Page 5

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The question of whether abortion is right or wrong carries with it religious implications that step beyond empirical observation and proof...Whether I believe it is right or wrong does not change my opinion that governmental law should not prevent it...Whether a fetus is a human being from conception is beyond scientific investigation and, therefore, beyond the scope of of governmental law. I personally don't think abortion is right. Yet I don't the government should be allowed to prevent a woman from having one.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why is it that people say that people who commit suicide are 'selfish' I do not understand that at all. If someone is very unhappy for whatever reason and they wish to do themselves in and stop themselves because others will be hurt that is selfless so why if they go ahead is that selfish?
If someone you knew commited suicide and found peace vs carrying on a horrid life what would you feel is worse for them and you?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 45yrs • M •
mongoloid is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
suicide, the forbidden subject in most christian homes, schools and social circles.
how to justify the destruction/termination of a life, even if it's ones' own.
yes, once in my life even i considered to take the "easy" way out, only thing ... it's not really so easy.
ever tried putting a loaded 9mm luger short to your head with the intention of pulling the trigger.

i don't think that any problem can ever be big enough for one to sacrifice ones' own life.
i know sometimes it feel like you just can't go on anymore...
sometimes you feel like giving up, feel like ending it all.
but the minute you pull that trigger or swallow that pill.
the minute you make that choice.
that is when life beat you, and you are the loser... sorry no second place.

"Fear the Lords who are secret among us."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
humm...intersting view there monogoloid..would'nt exactly agree with you though...more thought needed...this is a bad day..

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 40yrs • F •
damnskippy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Someone will listen:

1 800 SUICIDE (784-2433)

I have not read all these threads, I was gettting too emotional, i noticed someone mentioned the hotline, so here it is. I also fully agree with those who have been saying that we all need to show a little more compassion. Let us try to understand one another, give eachother the benefiet of the doubt, and understand that some people have made desicions that they could not aviod at the time. Let's try to change that. Spread hope, happiness and love, these things only do good as they are passed from one person to another.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"
 37yrs • F •
haleyj01 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
its hard for ppl to understand why ppl even commit suicide. you think u knew them then u find out u do not. its not the person only thinking of themselves i think, its sometimes hard to deal with things and its really hard to explain unless u been there i guess which i have. i have tried a few times but when it came to it i couldnt do it or it didnt work. but i was glad to be there the next day and then i went on to cutting which didnt last long but i found someone and eveythings changed. i cant believe i wanted to die and miss all this sstuff in life. its hard though sometimes ill admit but somethings u cant control and are hard so basically i think its different with every person and it leaves everyone in confusion.

"theres ppl who know and ppl who think they know"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Suicide is a polemic topic, such as everything that involves death, I've read some of the posts and my position about suicide is this:

Suicide is a decision that you can take, maybe it's the easy way out for some people but as mongoloid said it is not so easy, lots of people had thought about it and had had the gun or the pills in their hands but when you have it there, that's where you realize it is very hard, that you may consider another opportunity or that you may have thought about it but you're not really going to do it; that's why I think that people who actually commit it or try should not be frowned upon or criticized or been told selfish, 'cause when you're in a point like that, when you feel so f****** bad that you would rather kill yourself, you can do it, you deserve to rest, your not breathing your suffering the air (I don't know if I making myself clear, I'm trying), you're not being selfish because as there's a point where your liberty ends and it is where the other's liberty stars, there's a point where being selfish ends and it is where you're consuming yourself just because you don't want to hurt someone else. I don't think you should live a damn life just because you don't want to hurt someone, if you feel to bad about them, either you're afraid of doing it and you take it as an excuse or you should talk or write a letter where you thank them, you tell it is nobody's fault, that you just couldn't stand living (I'm assuming, in this case, that you've already looked for help, any kind of help and that it didn't work out)

I think that you have the right of committing suicide if you CAN do it, I mean if you're really capable of doing it.

I tried to suicide, with pills, and I'll tell you something funny, I have had worst moments after that and I don't know how but I keep going, sometimes I feel curious of how my life would be when I grow old, at least after graduating from the university, sometimes dreams help even wanting to go to a Manchester United match or make a living in England...

This is a letter that I friend wrote me when she knew I had tried to suicide. It's good to let you know that she wanted to suicide when she wrote it but she just couldn't find the moment or the force on herself (she didn't dared to do it):

Ana
Hi, this is one of those letters that you think all your life y never end up to be like you wanted, and it is one of those letters because you're too good, too perfect to give you this kind of letter...
I would like to give you an infinite notebook (she read a notebook where I wrote all that I didn't say to anybody, like I was sad and that I couldn't stand the world anymore) where your words don't fit just your tears, where no one judge you, not even you... where you see yourself from outside what you are inside... I wish you could see yourself as I see you... I wish that you understand that nothing and nobody is more worthy than you... that it isn't you, is the rest of the world who's wrong (I differ...)...

I have never ever met someone so brave as you... I told you once that I would want to be as brave as you (she's refering to the attempt of suicide, I'm 'brave' because I dared to try, she didn't) and I would want to know how to shape my feelings on a paper like you do.

I would also like to give you ALL the walls in the world so that you can paint them however you like it and to decorate them in the way that you preffer, obviouslu I can't give you all pero I can give you my heart so you decorate it how you like

I would want to answer all the questions you have pero I don't know if I can and I don't know if you want to have the answers, NO, you're not having a bad time because of adolescence... it isn't about ages... it's about life, it's about you.

I admire you very much, very very much, 'cause it doesn't matter how much times you fall you keep on smiling to what you call life and we'll never know if it is life or death, it just is...

If you just believe that I love you, I know it is not enough, it is never enough, but it is something...

Girl, thanks for everything, for you, for your life, yeah, thanks for saving it...
Thanks for opening a piece of your heart, I don't know if it is big or small, I don't care, I just care you opened it, thatnks for trusting on me, thanks for letting me help you, thanks for letting me know someone like you...

I don't care if you're crazy, maniac, depressive, explosive (I'm not explosive)... I don't care, you can be a cockroach or a star, I would still love

Finally, I want you to know that I'm always going to be there (typical)... if you need to talk with me, just tell me, if you need a hug, ask me for one, if you need to cry, call me and we'll cry together.

ILTM (I love too much)

Dani

Life is a dream, and dreams are dreams

Dream that without dreams eveything cease to exist

(Those are her quotes too)

It ends there

That letter helps me a lot to keep on going,

SO DO WHATEVER YOU CAN AND IF YOU STILL WANT TO SUICIDE, DO IT

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry if it was too long, if you can and want, read it!

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
only someone as dumb as kurt cobain would do such a thing...

"i hate cRap!"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
suicide is something that most people think about at least once in there lives,lets face it,it isnt a strange thing to consider,although,most people also get over whatever was causing the thoghts in the first place,with that in mind suicide is not a good answer to your problems no matter how big they may seem at the time....you can always get help for yourself and improve your life,and while i dont personaly look down on anyone who attempts or actually commits suicide,i do belive its a watefull,easy,unthoughtful thing to do

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 32yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that demonspawn92 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
suicide is frowned on because it's BAD! It hurts the lives of the victim and their family. I have friends who think about that kind of stuff all the time and let me tell u, it hurts. Now, on a lighter side, suicide is illegal, but how do they enforce the law? Arrest the people who killed themselves? I can see it now, talking to a dead person. "your sentenced to life in prison for suicide!" lol

"I hate stupid people!"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sucide i believe is looked down upon because of several reasons, it seems like a cowardly way of escaping your problems instead of facing them or asking for help, many religions also believe that if you commit suicide then you commiting an ultimate insult to that which GOD has given you thus you deny yourself even a place in HELL and your trmented soul wanderes the earth restlesly.

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
?? wow so if someione knows hes going to hell all he has to do is then kill himself and doesnt go to hell?? seems unfair for the others that didnt kill themselves and going to hell... anyway hell heaven = so 'stupid' (illogcal) i can back myself if you want maybe put it in antoher thread.. it will be like a 2000 word rant but can put it in a few paragrahps maye,..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lordnyax is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
have to agree on the heaven/hell=illogical, but on another note, i believe the circurstances around suicide obviously affects the reasoning of the person. its all about perception. do you see your suicide helping others by sacrificing yourself or helping others by easing their problems with you, or helping others by keeping a secret for you rcountry under torture. i believe suicide is honorable when it is a sacrifice for others, but that is seldom the thought foremost in teen suicide. its also a reaction to emotional problems, that causes a lot of messed up thinking. my question is, why is suicide frowned upon by the same people who ask you to sacrifice your life for your country?

"to understand life is to live outside it"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
people who ask you to sacrafice your life for your country.....i.e. political figures,and leaders of government...are selfish and self contradicting assholes.....thats why. these people would never sacrafice their lives for their country but they're so willing to give up someone else's......the reason thses people look down on suicide is that for one they dont understand it,two, they dont want to understand because they dont really care,and three, because they know that most amiricans are frightened by things like suicide,they play off that so that more "regular" people will support them and in the end make them more money and give them more power....ugh....i just hate those sort of people,they urk me

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
why is suicide frowned on??? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy