If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing. - Anatole France [Jacques Anatole Thibault]
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Being succesful....... - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Pugsl3yB0y is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being successful in what, life? Basic life or human life? In human life, to be successful is to have a higher status than everyone else. The higher the status,the more successful you are considered. But to be successful in basic life is.....absolutely nothing! To be successful to one's self is to please one's self. In my case the more i learn and the more i understand the more pleased i become. Which to me is being successful. Obtaining one's true desires for pleasure and accomplishment and understanding.

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, life, that was at least the original intention of the thread.

Thanks Wyote!

Being successful is to each his own is what I am trying to point out here. Learning, making money, screwing a boat load of women, these are all things that people find the definition of success.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 37yrs • M •
So then success is just pleasing ones desires?

"Knowing the true knowledge of an answer is first understanding the knowledge of the question."
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
goals sir
being happy with yourself and what you've done to be where you are right now

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
By George i think weve got this thread beat!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
Indeed we do...Hooray for us

35yrs • F •
cantomerican is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Having goals will make you reach a sucessful life, but who knows what will come in 10 years? A sucessful life may not be persude. It all depends on your belief and fate.

""We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegut"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
everyone has goals all the time
but what makes you sucsessful is getting what you want (reaching the goals)
so in 10 years you'll have new goals even if everything changes
and one of them will probably be getting back to THAT happy living, and if you don't that makes you not really that sucsessful

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Stillmind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
According to Siddharta Gautama, life is suffering.If you translate that into modern lingo, it 'll be,life sucks !
IMHO, as long as us human beings don't get rid of our fears and desires,there will be no progress, material or otherwise.

Stillmind

"We need to become the change we wish to see M. Ghandi"
 37yrs • M •
mobyman is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think when looking at the WORD success we need to look at it more accurately than society typically does. We need to look at the meaning behind the word *success and how we personally perceive it.

the idea of success differs from person to person. For example some people think being successful is being wealthy (typcail) others think, good friends, or being in love with someone.

I think in the subjectivity of our own minds, (in the realm of our own thinking), success in a particular context is : acheiving what we desired to acheive, and feeling good about it.

It has nothing to do with goals. The process of setting a goal involves on stipulating what it is you want to acheive that doesnt derive success in one form or another.

56yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Stillmind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A simple suggestion for everyone,

Since it's impossible to know who's replying to what, it would be better to address tthe messages to the people you are responding to.

Kindly,

Stillmind

"We need to become the change we wish to see M. Ghandi"
Being succesful....... - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy