Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. - Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do you believe in your book?

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If your a religious person who believes in one of the main monotheistic religions (christianity, islam and judaism) I'd like to know why you believe in it. Specifically, why you believe in, for example, islam over christianity and judaism.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that stealph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe the bible is the written word of God because of life experiences and the holy spirit. I believe it is true and all others are not because there is NO confusion EVER when it is believed in and God is not the author of confusion. Also because several people wrote it in different time periods and it all ties in together.

just wondering, which do you believe?

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe in any, I've found they're mutually exclusive and too similar to each other for me to make any choice. That and I've had no experience in my life that could ever suggest there is a holy spirit.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that stealph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you pray and ask God to reveal himself through the holy spirit, it will happen. Thats what happened to me and I couldnt deny it. try it...!

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are true scriptures and there are false scriptures. The only true test is your own heart, which can also deceive you.

I think when you discover truth (you feel free), As it is written "The truth shall set you free."

I think if mistakenly you believe in false writings, it binds you to it so that nothing else or there can be no other truth. You are not free.

That's the best I can define it. I could use examples, like this book is right this book is wrong, etc. But some might be offended and it isn't worth the argument. We all have to find truth for ourselves. It can't be shown to us, we have to find it.

But I find true scripture to be amazing. They are carefully written stories that tell us about ourselves that we would not otherwise realize on our own. But they are stories. You will not prove them to be true.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy