Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning Reality: Are we for "Real"? - Page 8

User Thread
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You guys are still debating on this??....lol......reality
Sorry about that if my contending with these preceptions & perceptions bother you but I am actively at my own wits end trying to understand & effectively establish communication?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think there for I am
I know for sure that I'm real. But, the question of other things reality is legitimate. On the one hand it's possible what we see through our senses stands correct. But, on the contrary these perceptions can be a mere illusion. Where why when who and what are questions that cause a puzzle. These answers are just perception of the mind. Everyone finds a solution, or they feel a sense of loss and misguidance. What you feel is the solution may or may not be correct but that's beside the point. It's an answer, which you either long for or be lost at sea with. So my answer is simple. Find an answer. Find what makes you realize life and fills it with purpose.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Answers don't exist, only reasons.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmmm... Everysingle aspect of this world overwhelms me.
I don't understand anything and anything could be possible.
Reality is a matter of opinion. Opinion can be anything.
Anything is to vast...

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am real because this is my dream, the rest of you exist only in my mind

"dont got one"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
cute kitty, "LIfe Sucks." but hearing a news program [radio] talking about Ft. Lauderdale area {sp} & problems of suppling the basic needs (food, water, etc) of life tends to overshadow the 'Reality as a matter of opinion' aspect.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
cute kitty, "LIfe Sucks." but hearing a news program [radio] talking about Ft. Lauderdale area {sp} & problems of suppling the basic needs (food, water, etc) of life tends to overshadow the 'Reality as a matter of opinion' aspect.

And that is your opinion.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
the distinction of the indivuals perception & the majority, a censensus of perception?
Take an autistic person has a wholely different perception of existence, yet I would wonder do they feel things the same. Say an ear ache, they perceive the pain but react diffrently than say you or I would?

cturtle, can you please elaborate? I'm not sure I catch your drift.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Answers don't exist, only reasons.

^^how can answers not exist??....a reasoning is a form of an answer...words are too tricky to extract one without the other..........an answer is the completion after the question.. reasoning is simply the process......if you're constantly locked in the process, how can you possibly find the final!?

"Being is not knowing!"
 38yrs • M •
There aren't answers, only reasons. Reasoning is a form of opinion, my friend. What ever anyone says applies to one's self.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^the absence of self doesn't call for reason as much as the need for an answer.........Opinions are miniscule truths to each person.....answers are a truth to everybody, a universal truth.....If you only seek for self reasoning you'll never find it....you'll imput something else in its place to quench your thirst, but before long you'll be searching for another reason, another 'why'!!!........What's the point of philosophy??....is it just based on reason and deduction?... Are there no answers??....no end results?...

1+1...that's a reasoning...that's a deduction...
The answer is 2!!!.....however you take that is your thing....

lol.....blessed love and guidance...

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
There aren't answers, only reasons. Reasoning is a form of opinion, my friend. What ever anyone says applies to one's self.

Wouldn't your reason/opinion be your answer?

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 38yrs • M •
quote:
the absence of self doesn't call for reason as much as the need for an answer.........Opinions are miniscule truths to each person.....answers are a truth to everybody, a universal truth.....If you only seek for self reasoning you'll never find it....you'll imput something else in its place to quench your thirst, but before long you'll be searching for another reason, another 'why'!!!........What's the point of philosophy??....is it just based on reason and deduction?... Are there no answers??....no end results?...

1+1...that's a reasoning...that's a deduction...
The answer is 2!!!.....however you take that is your thing....

730: To claim an answer is to claim an absolute universal truth. Your very own percepetion of truth is in fact your own individual reality; your individual opinion. Your individual absolute is part of this 'many'. Meaning and value of human beliefs and behaviors have no absolute reference to truth. Truth varies between person to person (contextually specific). Truth is relative. Whatever beliefs we hold they are provisional. If there was universal truth then there would certainly be only one rational course of action open to us.
Absolute universal truth is an empty abstraction. Once one realises this, self-actualisation can occur, which is a remarkable realisation that I have experienced; as I am a relativist.

Jacker_Jones: my opinion is a reason, not an answer. Same applies to all individuals.

[  Edited by summit at   ]
Questioning Reality: Are we for "Real"? - Page 8
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy