Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning Reality: Are we for "Real"? - Page 7

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eyestien is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is your thought about it, is there something wrong

"I am samrt because I know I am dumb"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
eyestein: I suggest you read the other threads that discuss reality.
This is how I perceive reality and existence:
The only way we can reason reality or existence is through our own mind. The world "out there", external reality, is a shared universe of common experience. It is the lowest common denominator of all our experience. We take it for granted and it supplies us with a common field of action. That is all it is. Your realm of personal "mind" is another sort of universe. You experience it every second 24/7. From your inner mind comes all meaning about everything in the "outer" universe. You may be influenced by the external world of common experience, but this inner universe exists, is very real, and is ultimately of more value than anything "out there". Why? Because what happens "out there" depends totally on what you do or what occurs with your own mind. Your personal universe is the only thing able of deciding value. What you perceive from the 'outer' universe is received and detected in your 'inner' reality.

In the end, what you end up believing "in" or "about" is basically an action of your own mind to attach meaning and significance to something. I think therefore I am.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
[  Edited by summit at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The world "out there", external reality, is a shared universe of common experience. It is the lowest common denominator of all our experience. We take it for granted and it supplies us with a common field of action.
We might call that reality the "flat earth", the basic perception of our existence [sensory perceptions] & the conceptions of mind which we construct from them?
quote:
Do Dogs Think?
Owners assume their pet's brain works like their own. That's a big mistake.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2127419/?GT1=7125
"Everybody is probably wrong," was his blunt comeback. "It's 'theory of mind.' This is what often happens when humans assume that dogs think the way we do."
His analysis: "Being angry at the human and behaving punitively-that's not a thought sequence even remotely possible, given a dog's brain. The likely scenario is that the dog is simply frightened." When Heather was home, she was there to explain and enforce the rules. With her gone, the dog literally didn't know how to behave. The dog should have been acclimatised to a crate or room and confined more, not less, until she got used to her new independence.
Little side note, may be off topic but related in a sense?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 34yrs • M •
but you can't really say everyone is wrong, it's that reality has no limits, someone can be beautiful but someone might disagree, reality is only an opinion that will only seem true to the person that makes that opinion, so we are all right by are own points of views, so the question is
( is reality real)

72yrs • M •
Would we debate our own existence? I think therefore I exist>
reality is a conception of our mental capacity? Thus we exist therefore existence has reason > reality is real.

34yrs • M •
I see myself as only made by judgment, someone says I'm ugly, it goes through my mind and I would think of my self by what someone thinks. but if you take the judgment away, I would not who I am, thats why I ask such questionsn to find out who I Am for myself, so reality is something I do not understand

72yrs • M •
So what goes through the head? I am ugly? TO WHOM?
quote:
Mercie says: it looks like CIRQUE.IS it a photo of yours?
Clay says:yes
Mercie says:beautiful.
Clay says:hard to believe that it is hand crafted leather
Mercie says:hand crafted beauty,whatever the medium.
Clay saysoes the beauty come from the form (material) or from the form (shape) given by the artist who formed it?
Mercie says:from the center.
Clay says:from the center, the created as well as the creator flows.

34yrs • M •
not saying i still live that life but I was just bring about a point from my knowledge that some people see themselves through others living the reality of others(do you see my point)

72yrs • M •
the common consensus of opinions, the subjective reality of the fictional norm of social interactions, concepts which we define our reality?
Life is in the living, the experiences which forms the interactions. How we choose to deal (react) to those interactions is what we choose?

34yrs • M •
im 15 talking wisdom to a 53 year old, wow, from my point of standards, ppl try to be like everyone else so what is thier reality?

72yrs • M •
quote:
so what is thier reality?

That you will have to ask them?
yes isn't it a good thing to converse with others, to interact?
quote:
But I would not go by just what they say?

34yrs • M •
but mainly, people see reality in differ ways so reality is not one thing but many, or is it life that we all see the same? Or it could be many things? hard to say, and my head hurts. But it wasn't my fault that I asked a question?

47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
eyestien,
quote:
im 15 talking wisdom to a 53 year old

cturtle may have a few more years of contemplating these questions, but that fact neither displaces nor discredits your perspective, so keep on talking wisdom to your elders!

I personally hesitate at the point where you say reality is an opinion
quote:
reality is only an opinion that will only seem true to the person that makes that opinion

I think that a person's opinions do not constitute his or her reality. If you are to use qualitative statements (e.g. a woman is beautiful) I do not believe this represents a reality. The only reality would be the existance of your own feelings. In other words, the reality is that the person feels or believes that the woman is beautiful. Do you get what I mean?

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
In other words, the reality is that the person feels or believes that the woman is beautiful.

the distinction of the indivuals perception & the majority, a censensus of perception?
Take an autistic person has a wholely different perception of existence, yet I would wonder do they feel things the same. Say an ear ache, they perceive the pain but react diffrently than say you or I would?

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You guys are still debating on this??....lol......reality (i think i've said this before) is based on the SELF.......things/situations can only be real to the YOU....absolute truth takes place when something real to me, is also real to you....therefore it becomes real to both of us, and that's our truth...... when there is one thing that is real to everybody, then an absolute truth arises....till then reality will only be based on the SELF.... it's your job to seek what is real and what isn't.....all this supposition helps nobody......what if this...and what if that... What if is a middle point of non-existence.....therefore if your theory is based on 'what if'....then you're non existent!!!....

"Being is not knowing!"
Questioning Reality: Are we for "Real"? - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy