Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Questioning Reality: Are we for "Real"? - Page 2

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
maybe 1+1=3 in another reality--maybe nothing can be represented by numbers at all--maybe all the things we think of as reality don't exist there, but some other inconceivable(to us) pattern.
ive thought about this a bit, but it really kind of makes my mind go in circles.

"You are reading this."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gothabomber is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what is reality? its wat our sense tell us is round about us, true. Our senses have desieved us at least once in our lifetime and it not right to trust something that has willingly decieved us in the past so that would make our sense unreliable in determining realit. Wouldnt it?

"everything but never anything"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ever since i saw this thing i havent trusted my senses at all...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/checkershadow.html

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • F •
1xplicit-azn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ive been reading everyones responses lately and it got me thinking if we were for real.. personally i dont think we're real.. its pretty s2pid tho cuz like think bout it? how did u get where u are ? howd u end up in your family? and like deja vu? do u belive in re-incarnation.. pretty mest up huh? i asked liek alot of people and they all told me that they think god was the genetic scient controling us?

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Roninheart19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Technically, everything is real, whether it be dreams, thoughts, or your turkey sandwich, just on different levels. I mean, you are having the thought/dream/sandwich, it is really happening. The dreams you have might not be happening to the person sleeping next to you, but you are experiencing what's going on so i guess it all depends on what level of "real" you're talkin' about.

33yrs • F •
brokenmirror is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I have thoughts about this subject often. I sometimes feel as though we are part of someone else's dream. When they awake, what will remain of us? Sometimes I feel like reality is only an experiment or it's as though we're dolls in a dollhouse or puppets on a string. This is confusing to me now that's it's on my computer screen and not floating around in my mind.

"...when we awake, what will remain?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
...or batteries in the matrix... hehe, sorry, couldnt help myself i think a lot of poeple have this type of feeling at some point in their life.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We are but a part of a huge world, created by a Force, whom we are here to be tested. When the test is done, we move on to the other realm, where we permanently exist without pain, or war, or hunger in the plain called heaven....
or the other place, where it is uncomfortable.

We are real, for the time we exist here on earth. We are more real when we exist in heaven. IMO. We are better off never existing if we end up somewhere else.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 39yrs • M •
HELLRAISER is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
.yes we r for real.but the life after death is more realistic.this is the most realistic part that we have to face wheter we r going to heaven or hell.

38yrs • M •
zed_money_click is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[/i]Conformity is inevitable, yet the more you think outside the box, the big box, the more you can bend reality and make "reality" more your own. Hopefully, those who think like this use what they know with good intentions.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Hopefully, those who think like this use what they know with good intentions.
Hmm . . . isn't there an old saying 'the road to hell is praved with good intent?'

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
Edgar Snyder is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Solipsism is the belief that you create your own reality; that it exists in your own head. There's a lot of anecdotal evidence showing that you can alter the state of reality. Concepts like affirmations, or even prayer (if you're of the religious persuasion) work on the idea that simply by praying to a higher power or writing something a bunch of times, the desired effect will occur.

I think, therefore, I am. But are you?

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If we weren't for real, then we're for unreal - but nothing's changed, we're still functioning and thinking nonetheless, so isn't that a reality in itself? Who said reality was absolute! Only the stubborn bulls and goats would.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
An Abstute responce Astarte

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ITISASISEEIT is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are we real? Is that some stupid question or what? of course we're real, when I look in the mirror I see a reflection therefore I exist . Unless I was a vampire, this would be confusing, I would not know whether I was real or not.

"Great visions often start with small dreams"
Questioning Reality: Are we for "Real"? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy