Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Gay Bishop?? - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that Danipog is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree that all prejudice will eventually become outdated, but I also believe there will always be fanatic hold-outs who refuse to accept everyone.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tanker - I told you in the other thread the Bible's ways are not practiced properly by any western society. No one mutilates himself in the name of God, no one kills his children for cursing, no one sells his son for 5 shekels of silver, no one expects a rapist to marry his daughter. Why should it be different for gays?
Look for the details in the other thread.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
[  Edited by Crimson_Saint at   ]
 43yrs • M •
"I will never convince you because you do not believe"
Aside from a whole sling of scientific theories I believe in freedom, equality and merit.
I will let people do as they please (unless of course, they're acts limit the freedom of others)

"negative mutation that doesnt allow reproduction of the specie and the predominately unnatural act of two mates of the same sex"
It happens in certain animals so it can't be TOO unnatural. Secondly, since your implying we should work for the supposed genetic superiority of the human race, I will explain the correct way to do it regarding homosexuality.
If you want the "gay gene" to disappear you should not discourage gays from practicing their rights. If you do that, they are more likely to have heterosexual marriage and spread their so called "evil genes" to their children.
However, if you allow them free wing and let them practice their freedom, then they will have much less of a chance of getting anyone pregnant and thus not spread their gay genes!

[  Edited by Crimson_Saint at   ]
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont think I believe in a gay gene? What is that all about? Im curious, let me know!

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 43yrs • M •
Its very speculative, but in a nutshell. It supposes that the reason gays are gay is not because of personal choice, because of a "gay gene", it pretty well known that men are attracted to women because of genes and vice versa.
So it isn't absurd to suppose that the same holds true for gays. It would be a gene which makes you instinctively attracted to the same sex. The reason the gene hasn't been weeded is probably because it would be a recessive gene. IE you need a pair of gay genes for you to be gay (and not have kids) but you CAN carry 1 gay gene and give that to your kids.
In any case, its all very speculative, and the reason gays are gay could easily be environmental factors as well as genes.

48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dont think its a fact??

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 43yrs • M •
No its not fact, but the reason for being gay is either that or environmental, or perhaps both. The reasoning is that since attrativeness to women is based on genes, why wouldn't the opposite be true?
But no, its pretty speculative.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Jesus Christ!...uh...I mean Crimson, what a pic...!

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 43yrs • M •
Its a shame he's compacted like that but if he we bigger, you'd recognise him as GWBush

44yrs • M •
Crim...lmao!
You have to send me that! Lol

43yrs • M •
There you go

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Crimson, I'd really like to know how scientists have been able to prove that being gay is not a choice. So far as all the evidence I've seen points to gay being a choice, a stupid one at that, but that's for another topic. And Crimson, you keep bringing up all these stupid things that were written in the Bible that no longer apply because Jesus died on the cross, killing pretty much all the rules in the Old Testament except the Ten Commandments. And the Bible does not say a gay person is evil, it says what they DO is evil.

Not letting a gay bishop in is not discrimination. Believers in God hold a certain ethical standard, such as being gay a sin, so how can a person who is LIVING a sin (yes there's a difference, we all sin but we repent and ask for forgiveness, being gay is just sining without stop and without repenting), how can that person preach the gospel of God, knowing what he is doing what is wrong, and expect people to listen? I would surely have a hard time listening to a hypocrite.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like how if a kid has a disability then people say god made him that way. Or if couple break up someone would say, well god has a plan for you. Yet if someone is gay, then well, they are sinners. Hmm.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 44yrs • M •
Dug, ok, well, my arguement was that "God" has stated in "His" "holy" book that it is wrong for Gays to be gay, so blame him. Sounds hipocritical, but it is factual.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People keep comparing two things that are completely different. Being gay is a choice, and until you give me some good evidence that it's not, it's wrong. Disabilty is something that ISN'T a choice. So stop comparing things that aren't related.

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
Gay Bishop?? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy