Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Keeping God in the Pledge

User Thread
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do you think? Should God stay in the pledge?
Personaly I think so, this county was founded on it. Now all these people want to change everything we stand for because they immigrate over here and dont like the way we do things. To those people I have to say go back, you came to us for help and now your bitching???
Im not putting down people who immigrate. Good for them! I wish them the best but, the ones who want to change us. BYE

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 48yrs • F •
OKAY then, people that come to the us to change what we were found on. Is that better!!!!!
It is a symbol of the usa (one of many) but, should remain the same.
I guess when your not in the usa I can see how you would just see it as a symbol but, our kids in school say it every day before class. It is also said before many events.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh god yes. Everday before class, not one moment skipped. It is a great idea, but the kids say it not really caring for what it means. Most of the people say it because they have to and have no idea what it stands for.

To me, I don't think it matters either way, it isn't like anyones lives will be changed from it.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Kookiekruncher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We need someone to run the motels and convience stores

"Treat everyone as you would want to be treated"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That was a little racist-Kookie..........
I think that the God part should stay in the pledge, but kids that don't want to stand for it (i.e. muslims, buddists, etc.) shouldn't have to. They should be able to "sit down" for what they beleive in, their religion. That's my take.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 48yrs • F •
wesdawgy I agree with you for once. Great answer!!!!!

44yrs • M •
See, I'm not always negative, he he he......

48yrs • F •
NO they are not forced. If you are a diff. religion you just skip that part or sit. It has been like that since I was in school. And yes people do live by it, do you know the words. For you to say NO ONE, your talking about alot of people. Back it up babe!

Im glad you dont represent canada!!!!!!

50yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that GreenWeed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God should NOT be in the pledge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the fuck does that really mean anyway. shit America was founded on imigrants yes. I think people should have a right to practice there religion without having it shoved down your throat.
Christianity is the biggest crock of shit and are a bunch of hipocrites and murderers and liars.

If the word GOD stay's in the pledge then Ala and Zion and Budda should all be added to the pledge to cover all religions and not just one that tries to run everyone's life from a few scribled chapter's in a fictional story.

You are not you religion!

"I will not persist! I've had it!"
 35yrs • M •
1. Just don't say god. Say what you want.

2. You can't sit down. If I were cought sitting down, I would be in serious shit. I don't know exactly what, but I know it is something I don't want to be touching at my age.

You are forced to say the pledge but in a class full of kids, and it being broadcasted over the loud speaker, if you don't say it, no one notices.

Oh yeah, we also aren't aloud to wear our hats during the pledge. I can also get in trouble for that.

I think there is a law that the schools have to have their kids say it everyday. But don't quote me.

3. I know the words. Everyone knows the words. But do we care for them, not really. They were something that they had no problem telling us to say them when we were younge, but never felt like telling us why we have to or what they mean.

50yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that GreenWeed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
See, the pledge is ust a way that "they" try to brain wash you from an early age. The pledge is why there are so many fucked up people in the U.S.

Crazy Bastards

"I will not persist! I've had it!"
 35yrs • M •
Ok, I keep reading things that say we have to, and things that say we don't. All i know it that the teachers yell at you to do it. Maybe when school starts again I can ask a teacher, but you have to wait a month.

44yrs • M •
Now that Brann mentioned being able to sit down if you had a different religion I remember it. I think nobody would sit down though because they would get made fun of by the other kids later. I remember being against saying it, but I can't pinpoint exactly why I was, at that age. Maybe it was early signs of my non-conformity coming out?

48yrs • F •
Im sick of argueing with people over there opinion. They are all opinions, sorry I started this thread. I do believe in god and that God should be in the pledge and on our money like always but, I am Christian. Thats me! And for you to put me down for being Christian that on you! Im not fighting over that. I believe in something not everyone believes in and Im well aware of that but, I wont give up my beliefs for you or anyone. To say all Christians are murderers. There are all kinds of people that are murderers, you cant narrow that down. If only you can back that up!!

44yrs • M •
-Bran...there are some people that you just have to ignore, or at least don't let them make you "...sick of argueing with people over there opinion" there are people here that are trying to argue productively.

1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy