Don't hate me because I'm pretty, hate me because your boyfriend thinks I am. - countalucard
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Title Pending

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Title Pending
Here's a story I'm working on. I've got the first 2 parts done and I'd like some thoughts on it (though the story might seem fairly arbitrary unti I write the rest up).
Its pretty simple, so far anyway and has a bit of satirical/parody flavour to it.

Title Pending 2

I Pale Blue Dot

...SYSTEM REACHED...
...WAKE UP...
Interpretation operational. Activate short-range sensors. Exact system speed reached. Mapping system. Radio waves detected. Interpreted as anomaly. . Anomaly type never detected before. Investigation in order. Calculated source of anomaly is minute rock-class planet near target star. Deviate self trajectory from target star to anomaly source planet for confirmation of necessity.

John drank at his morning coffee rather bored, much like he had been for the last few months when he read the newspaper. The main headline being yet another two men dead in peacekeeping. He had a hearty yawn making his eyes water before taking another sip of his coffee. He read further down 'Italian president calls the French arrogant communist baboons! The French prime minister replied by naming the Italian president an imperialist butt-licking pig!' John chuckled contently to himself. He scrolled through the rest quickly... Indian government misrepresented the AIDS situation in India by a factor of 16... The E.U. to integrate twelve new members... A small title caught his eye 'Bright moving light seen in space. The object is unidentified but appears to be within the solar system.' He cocked an eyebrow and read more 'According to NASA officials, the object is seen in short intervals as a point of light.. This has caused a lot of speculation among the scientific community as to the origin of the unknown object. Some speculate it is a rotating object, that has one light absorbing side and one reflecting side. A few suggested it was a large object who suffers limited explosions because of gravitational stress on its approach to the solar system.' John glanced at his watch and sighed. The rest of the article would have to wait. He finished his coffee and pecked his wife on the cheek. 'I'm off to work honey.' She nodded weakly and he left through the door grabbing his hat on the way.

II Damn the Cows and Rice

Scan of atmospheric particles completed. They include nitrogen and dioxygen, traces of dihydrogen oxide and methane. METHANE! Rare chemical. First natural find of methane. Unique planet further investigation is top priority. Calculating trajectory. Initiate direction deviation.

John put on his slippers and cozzied up on the couch. He was wearing his comfiest robe and pajamas resting his legs on a footrest. He then took the remote and flicked the TV on. He zapped through a few mindless channels and then switched to CNN. In bright red letters were the words 'War on Terror' and a live feed of the latest liberated country. John stared at the screen for a minute or so watching tanks roll across a dusty city. A reporter in the city appeared and began 'We've allegedly discovered that soldiers may have reported the possible finding of missiles which may be dangerous, possibly WMDs and perhaps could have possibly flown past the border. He then zapped for a bit trying to find something of interest. He stumbled upon the Discovery Channel. Who strangely enough was reporting very recent news instead of showing documentaries. John watched somewhat puzzled, on the TV was a video of space taken from a grounded telescope. It showed the night sky with a few stars, nothing spectacular. The commentator began 'And here you'll soon see the anomaly'. Then what looked like a star appeared in space. The commentator continued 'As you can see it is quite bright the object emits light like this every 54 hours and 23 minutes. The object is getting continuously closer to the Earth. Its trajectory will make it come as close as 200km (insert arbitrary number here) to the Earth and may even be visible to the naked eye! Scientists have speculated on the subject and' a small girl blocked the TV. John frowned and picked up a nearby magazine and rolled it up in preparation to swat her away.. The girl stared at John and then when she had been quiet a second before, she sobbed emphatically and jumped onto her father's lap hugging him. She then screamed 'Daddy!!! Joe's hurting me!' another voice is heard in the background 'She's lying!'. John pulled the girl off and attempted to bat her away with the rolled up magazine. She then attempted to tug him from the couch and unfortunately for her, he was very well rooted. 'Be quiet Mary I'm watching the TV!' and she then proceeded to sob mechanically on his lap. John sighed heavily and yelled 'Joe! Say your sorry.' A swift and sarcastic reply followed 'Sorry!' and then Mary happily skipped away. John went back to viewing the tube only to find it had switched to a show about the deaths of thousands of freshwater fish because of pollution. He cussed, frowned, zapped back to CNN and fell asleep.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 37yrs • M •
Adamo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Kinda crap if you ask me... Same type of thing as your last story... "Bright light seen in sky..." Try something different... It might actually be good for once... Nice going with the spelling though.

Title Pending
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy