If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What IS existance? - Page 4

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but you r the one saying all there is is shitting working and sleeping!!!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 30yrs • M •
mophead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i have lots to be worried about gscse a level masters and going to univerity and then gettting and job and getting married but i am still happpy because i am content in the knoledge that whatever happens in my life i will enivitable die and find the truth even if it is not a good one. some people find this disturbing being content in the knoledge that i will die but to me why worry it is enevitable u can find many ways to stop worrying in my opinoin religion is one of them it gives them a reason to carrie because they think they will have everlasting happiness afterwoods but all ideas and therorys are merely ways of coping for insicure people but whatever u think up whatever u do u will die for no one can escape death

"evil=free will"
 30yrs • M •
mophead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
no i siad that the only thing that we can prove is working shitting and sleeping not that is the only thing we can do

"evil=free will"
 30yrs • M •
i have friends i have a girlfriend i not cynical merely realistic and not sad i am a very happy person and would not traid my life for anyone elses

"evil=free will"
 30yrs • M •
also i barely watch tv i am always out .i am not the one to give advice but u should not jump to conclusions about people u hav never met

"evil=free will"
 30yrs • M •
reply then

"evil=free will"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok ok i'm replying, give me a chance!
First of all I was not judging anybody, just replying to the statement about existence being just working, shitting and sleeping! You said it not me! I'm glad you go out with your friends and perhaps you ought not worry so much about your GCSEs just yet, haven't you got another couple of years? Relax don't stress so much you are only a young person, got your whole life ahead of you, that's all I'm saying.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dear Sorceress -

I think you may be more open minded than I first allowed credit for...

You suddenly strike me as the sort of Free Spirit that I have truly only met twice or three times in 35 years...

Keep it up, keep pointing people to themselves... that is where most of our problems truly lay...

Not in a Psychologists, Dr. Phil kind of way where we make tons of money and have an office with wood paneling, or a mega hit TV show, but solve nothing for anyone....

But in a 'Stop and smell the roses kind of way"...

Forever impressed-

Dwayne

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 77yrs • M •
Drxminus1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Existance is what we are doing during our life. Instead of trying to answer these impossible questions, adjust your life to make it better. It is worthwhile to improve. It makes life a valuable experiance. Try living up to your highest ideals.

"Truth is what is"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ryuzaki is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Existence is undefinable and therefore impossible to properly discuss. Maybe you should ask: What is reality or appearance?

"Experience of personal reality verifies existence."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Existence is undefinable and therefore impossible to properly discuss. Maybe you should ask: What is reality or appearance?

Ryuzaki, I would agree with you on this except for the reworded question. I would ask: What seems to be reality or appearance in your opinion?

see, the word "is", tries too hard to define things for everyone as a whole, when we all know not all our perceptions are exactly the same. Because the word simply implies fact, but 'reality' itself is not actually a fact, it's the observer's perception. With this mysterious and delicate subject matter, like you said, may be impossible to properly discuss... with the word 'is'. kinda make sense?

If people practiced 'e-prime' more often, I think we could accomplish a great deal to looking into ourselves and understanding each other better.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 44yrs • M •
I agree that attention to what reality or appearance seems to be will provide some insight.
But my main point to the question was what is the essence of it, not what are each of our realities. My beliefs are similar to a reductive materialist view, IE Morpheus from The Matrix: "How do you define real?" This is an attempt to explain the human experience, or our realities, which we can say has some factuality discernible in its similarities and differences, of which we can discuss and compare.
Yes?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I really wish I wouldn't have gotten logged out before I posted. I honestly felt like my post was telling the entire world every feeling possible, and it vanished in the blink of an eye and no one but me will ever see it.

I'll just reiterate but with much less enthusiasm in case it happens again.

Q: What allows us to perceive anything at all in the first place?
A: Our physical bodily functions; our brain's processes in particular.

Q: On that note, what seems most logical to happen when those processes cease?
A: No more perceptions.

pessimistic questions, yes, but reasonably sound.

Our thoughts create energy from the time we're born, to the time we die. After that, you would think that when a vessel runs out of energy like that, there would no longer be an emission. Luckily for us humans, we decompose easily and recycle into the universe of energy that still is.

Slightly off topic to make points on religion. The biggest mistake I can see being made is not explaining "GOD" [as if they can anyways] We're apparently deemed unworthy of understanding "GOD" but if that is the case, what is there to hide if everything will be all perfect anyways? Why should one have to wait a life time to be able to understand "GOD"? If we were informed at birth, and raised knowing we actually have a meaning, wouldn't you think everyone and everything would be in harmony? And if everything could convert to that notion, would we then be 'acceptable' in "GODS" presence? But it's hard to ever truly tell because there are so many conditioned people to want to do bad things, of course, religion has, can, and always will use that as leverage to never have to be able to fully explain "GOD".

my hands are still cramped from my first attempt so I'll allow some digestion before I go on. If this doesn't work, I'm considering just writing a damn book and sending it to all of you.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 44yrs • M •
I'm not sure what you had in your post before it was lost but what you do have seems to be a little off center to my point in that you are jumping ahead of me. I think we have all jumped ahead a bit.

So let us start from scratch a bit. This is the most basic of question possible.
Q: Is there existence?
A: Yes.
Support: I experience.

Now what I experience doesn't matter. If I have experience, be it "correct" or misleading, it still does it's job at proving that there is at least "something".

Now for the first question of this thread:
Q: What is existence?"
A: N/A
Support: Defining it, would be trying to set a limit to it, because we as humans describe our realities through experience and boundaries. Any shape for example is not defined on the outside area but what is within. The same of a tree, as it is defined as what is within, not what is around it, even though all things belong to the whole that is existence.

The question I posed earlier was this:
Q: What is reality/appearance?
A: My reality, created by experience. The things I feel, see, hear, and believe.
Support: I cannot speak for other people as I have no knowledge of their experience, and therefore cannot justify a belief in the existence of their point of view. Children are born having this belief, or should I say lack the belief of the others perspective. In psychology this is known as egocentrism.

If you understand, agree, and have no questions to what I have said, we can now move on to asking questions about our realities.

What IS existance? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy