Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

SERIOUS BIBLE QUESTIONS

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that stealph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
SERIOUS BIBLE QUESTIONS
I found the best source for everyone on this site to check out and see some frequently asked biblical questions answered. This is a great site to check out, it talks about the dead sea scrolls, when the bible was written and by whom!

Alot of people on this site are great thinkers and need answers.

http://www.gospelcom.net/ibs/bibles/about/index.php

another great site

http://www.blueletterbible.org

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why should I believe in this over Islam?
They have a nice book too.

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this may be my own little stupidity but it is mine!
Should you maybe ask the questiosn here.. insstead of redirecting us???
just wondering...

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 43yrs • M •
kunz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
True @ Crimson

I have a couple of questions...there were no answers about them like the biblical account of Noah's Ark an the Flood is perhaps the most implausible story defend. Where, for example, while loading his ark, did Noah find penguins and polar bears in Palestine?

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
penguins and polar bears could probably survive a big flood but gathering two of EVERY animal does seem impossible...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • M •
kunz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Was physics different when Noah built the ark? I mean, seriously... how did he get all the animals from all over the world... and the dinosaurs, etc. on that boat? How did he get penguins to the Middle East? How did he get them back after the big flood? Why didn't the dinosaurs eat all the sheep? I know from reading that HE is jealous and envious and want nothing more than for all of us to believe in him... wouldn't you like to let us in on His secret? Come on, how'd he do it?

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Noah must have been a magician. he pulled all the animals out of one of them magic hats... starting with the rabbit of course

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deletion_of_me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oooh, the Bible. Fun. I enjoyed tearing it apart (in a non-literal sense) in the past, and will have more fun doing so in the future, or so I prophecise.
Just a question, but who has actually read IT (Bible = IT) from cover to cover before?
Hmm... I had a point, but I seem to have lost it... ahh, the Ark. Well, I could defend the "IT believers" and say that the flood didin't cover ALL of the world, just the world known to those who wrote IT, therefore, only animals that they knew of in their land were taken aboard blah blah blah ad infinitum.
However, being Me, as I am most prone to me, I will not. IT = greatest fiction in production, and I applaud those who had a hand in its writing. Heh, I just remembered a story I heard about why there is "no longer" such a thing as Unicorns... they were playing about and refused to get on the ark, then came the deluge and voila, Unicorns = nil.
Once again I lost my point... oh well. It was fun while it lasted.
As for the web site, it left a lot to be desired. I prefer www.religioustolerance.org and its infinite wisdom.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Looks like we have similar pastimes deletion

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
account of Noah's Ark an the Flood is perhaps the most implausible story defend. Where, for example, while loading his ark, did Noah find penguins and polar bears in Palestine?

First, my doubting friend, there is proof of that ark. Second, not all the animals existing today, had yet existed then. And for the ones who did live, God sent the animals to Noah.
They were not running around trapping and such.

Evolution on earth did and does exist, but it is not the reason we are here.

quote:
and the dinosaurs, etc. on that boat?
Dinosaurs existed over 6 billion years ago. Noah lived aproximately 6 thousand years ago.

There are pics of the ark which is now fossilized on top of Mt Ararat. But here is the rendition of a pic depicted what it would be like.
http://www.baseinstitute.org/noah1.jpg

to read some of why and where it is.

http://www.noahsarksearch.com/arknotfound.htm
Fascinating stuff.

Anyway, I find history and religion fascinating, and always tied together.

Why arent the links working?

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry, I thought this pic was awesome.

http://www.arkonararat.com/

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that deletion_of_me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dreamer. You cannot post something and not back it up with evidence. That "fossilised ark" is not fossilied wood, there have been scientific studies done that prove that the "ark" is nothing more than a rock formation. This is shown here: http://www.icr.org/pubs/btg-b/btg-007b.htm
Secondly, are you saying that there were much fewer animals in the world approximately 6000 years ago when you believe Noah "lived", and that in 6000 years these could have evolved into the many diverse species existant today? How unfortunate, when it takes hundreds of thousands of years for a species to evolve. Shown here (for humans): http://www.wsu.edu:8001/vwsu/gened/learn-modules/top_longfor/timeline/ti
meline.html
and here for others: http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/geo_timeline.html

Back up your statements with truth, not dogmatism.

43yrs • M •
If 'God' flooded the Earth during Noah's boat ride, what did all the animals eat when He finally let them back on dry land again?

Why didn't all the animals die off after Noah's Ark? We know that one male and one female of each species are not enough for the species to survive and propagate. Studies of reproduction of many, many species indicate that it would simply not be possible. Did things work differently back then?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I do believe in the story of the flood. Only because you will find this story everywhere around the world. The story is not told the same, but never the less, the story of a great flood is told.

My theory: The earth is not completely round. Its shaped a little bit oval. Imagine a pole shift that happened quickly. There would be a great flood that would happen quickly. However, the waters could not receed until the poler ice caps frooze enough water. Antarctica was once vast forests. They have large fields of petrified plant life there.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The forests in Antarctica are probably due to that continent not being near the south pole millions of years ago.
I don't think any great flood really happened, but it almost seems to me like a metaphor for natural selection : people in the past knew there were different animals alive in the past, explanation? A big flood/floods/earthquake (depending on who's legend it is) killed them all.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
SERIOUS BIBLE QUESTIONS
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy