A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good - Beatleboy182
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A New Church

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A New Church
I'm looking for a church that is not going to ask me to believe that Jesus was a sacrifice for my sins. I live in Oklahoma, so I'm kinda limited - anyone have any ideas?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do you really need one? You can pray at home and such. You really don't have to go to church, you can have mass at home whenever you want. I mean, you go to heaven because you believed in a higher being, how and who doesn't matter. As long as you believed in him. So do it your own way, you don't always have to be a follower.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
" The Sioux religious leader Black Elk (Hehaka Sapa) has stated: peace . . . comes within the souls of men when they realize their relationship, their oneness, with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize that at the center dwells Wakan-Tanka, and that this center is really everywhere,it is within each of us."
Native Americans of California and Nevada
By Jack Forbes @1969
Check on webpage http://home.earthlink.net/~clayturtle/home.html
In theory, this nation is supposed to have separated government & religion.
In theory . . . in Truth this is not the case & perhaps it shouldn't be to an extent if you live according to your beliefs? These pages came out originally long ago and far away. Well, truthfully Miami is not so far and prior to the presidential election (?) was not all that long ago, it just seems that way.
DESCRIPTION

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 62yrs • F •
antiwind is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
cturtle, that was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"boldly going nowhere"
 64yrs • M •
Certain people who claimed to be a part of our church was persecuting fundamentalists online, I fought with them and felt like I was loosing. But their site was taken down. I feel better.

Indian religions are fascinating.

The dream catcher. I'm sure cturtle knows what a dream catcher is. My wife made one for my step daughter. She (7 year old girl) explains to me how it works after I said good night to her one night and I tell her not to have bad dreams. "I don't have bad dreams anymore, the bad dreams are too big to get through the dream catcher, only and the good dreams can get through."

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dj BrEaK AwAy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
try to become a bah'aiism we believe in accepting all religions it is very insightful i turned my life around with it

"live long live free"
 64yrs • M •
bah'aiism - would you know if they have anything in Oklahoma City (probebly not) - how about an active online community I can jump in and check it out.

Thanks - Roger

34yrs • M •
here is the information sorry to give it so late

Bahai
Bahai Faith of Edmond - 321. E. Campbell, Telephone
348-9992

"live long live free"
 64yrs • M •
Hey thanks - I'll give em call

34yrs • M •
yo called them yet

"live long live free"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Torment of Unrequited Love

A second source of Christ's suffering in Gethsemane was His own privileged knowledge. Jesus knew how useless His self-sacrifice would be for the many individuals who would knowingly reject His offer of salvation. Jesus had nothing to gain personally from coming to earth and redeeming the human family. He did it solely out of love - a love for His Father who looked with mercy on the fallen human race. A love for every person caught in the vicious circle of selfishness. Jesus knew that sin doomed man to a deep, existential frustration. What every human heart needed above all else - intimate friendship with God - became unattainable.

Human beings were created to find meaning and fulfillment in that friendship, but original sin had shattered the possibility. Unless God renewed His offer of friendship and reached out a hand to heal those hearts mortally wounded by their compliance with evil, the world had no hope. Christ embodied the renewed offer of divine friendship with humankind. His hand could heal because it had never given in to evil. He did it out of an intense, knowing, personal love for each person. Yet during those agonizing hours in the Garden, most spiritual writers agree, God showed Jesus the countless people through the centuries who would refuse His offer and persist in their selfishness. That truth added inconsolable distress of unrequited love to the torture of biting remorse.

Sorry, I stand By CHRIST and will not be willing to feed you other ways to draw further from Him.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"I'm looking for a church that is not going to ask me to believe that Jesus was a sacrifice for my sins"

what do you think Jesus was?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Sorry, I stand By CHRIST and will not be willing to feed you other ways to draw further from Him.

I don't mean to be crual - But if you stand by Christ then how in the hell do you support the war? No way you can make me believe that Jesus would have supported this war.

You want to make me a believer. Start by saying - You're sorry, you made a mistake.

Doesn't Christianity teach that no one is perfect, is it so difficult to admit that you made a mistake, or are you above that NOW THAT YOU'RE BORN AGAIN. Now you can be a war monger without feeling guilty, because Jesus paid the price, so you don't have to.

64yrs • M •
quote:
yo called them yet

I will I promise - I keep getting busy, but I will. Me and my wife are hoping they have Sunday evening service, that will sell us for sure.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^do you really need a relgion??.... I mean why do you need a group to feel comfortable in what you understand and believe?..... contentment with singularity is more empowering than confusion in numbers.....In every religion you're asked to believe in a specific path, the right road among the many right roads in every religion on this planet. God bless the child who has his own....so with that; make your own road, be different and when you're different you'll be persecuted for not conforming to anything and after your persecution of spirit you'll be accepted and exalted by those who persecuted you! Be different, don't succumb to keeping a crutch.... leaving the stretcher and hopping into the wheelchair still isn't anything different....you still can't walk on your own yet....be original man.......

"Being is not knowing!"
A New Church
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy