We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be. - Pouky
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A New Church - Page 2

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I don't mean to be crual - But if you stand by Christ then how in the hell do you support the war? No way you can make me believe that Jesus would have supported this war.

You want to make me a believer. Start by saying - You're sorry, you made a mistake.

Doesn't Christianity teach that no one is perfect, is it so difficult to admit that you made a mistake, or are you above that NOW THAT YOU'RE BORN AGAIN. Now you can be a war monger without feeling guilty, because Jesus paid the price, so you don't have to.

You are asking ME to put myself in the Lord's place and beg forgiveness from you? I cannot beg forgiveness for something of Jesus. I am not in His position.

Well, read Luke 22, 36-38
Let him who has a tunic, sell it and buy a sword..??

IN other words, defend Christ maybe? NOT attack and murder on the offensive... but be defensive?
as we see the extremist Muslims and Jihad do...and yet do YOU ask them to seek a sorrowful nature?

I do not need to bear the yolk Christ bore for you....if you turn from Him, you get double the punishment. For you turned from the truth.

You would then have 'Vincible Ignorance'. Which is unpardonable.

I am stating facts, so dont turn and say...YOU JUDGE...because the truth of this is in the Bible...not my words, but His.

WE did NOT start the war.... I think you should apologise...and not to me, but to Christ.

IF your faith was as shallow, then you never did have faith.
How can human nature push you from Jesus?

YOU should be a role model, not a coward. Run from Christ because you cannot take humanity. Instead you should be drawing closer....with fervent prayer.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
quote:
^^do you really need a relgion??.... I mean why do you need a group to feel comfortable in what you understand and believe?..... contentment with singularity is more empowering than confusion in numbers.....In every religion you're asked to believe in a specific path, the right road among the many right roads in every religion on this planet. God bless the child who has his own....so with that; make your own road, be different and when you're different you'll be persecuted for not conforming to anything and after your persecution of spirit you'll be accepted and exalted by those who persecuted you! Be different, don't succumb to keeping a crutch.... leaving the stretcher and hopping into the wheelchair still isn't anything different....you still can't walk on your own yet....be original man.......

CHRIST DIED FOR HIS CHURCH!!

The Church shall be His bride...and one more thot...
Many are invited few will attend.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^sweet lady don't get all emotional......I know jesus was crucified, and he died for the same reasons I typed up earlier, he came here and denounced the practices of the present church and made his own way, was chastised for doing what was out of the norm, persecuted for doing what was out of the norm and then exalted because of the love he showed.....And why are so many "religions" saying that Jesus is God, when he said (in simple terms) "If I can do this, then you can do it too"....the spirit became human to show how easy it is to be free, peaceful, and loving. Basically Jesus told us straight that we're all a part of the body of God so nothing is cut short from us, only we cut it off from ourselves, and if that is so, then our spiritual make up IS GOD and us being God manifest in the body only means that we are our own religion....we are the truth...we are the light... but because humanity has succumbed to depending on so many external means to find what they already have they've become blinded....we're constantly tripping on that stumbling block......why praise one being and denounce the other? why say this way is right and this way is wrong? why say you're a christian, when you are NOT like christ? we are all one no matter what....evil or good, we are all one, you don't need a relgion to tell you that you are something....and you don't need to believe in somebody to make you believe in yourself... It's actually the other way around..the only person you were born with is yourself, so depend on the spirit in yourself (which is the same spirit in everybody else) to help you through life..not religion.....God is love...God doesn't give love...God IS the crazy thing we call love!.....

I love this convo......keep at it...

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You are asking ME to put myself in the Lord's place and beg forgiveness from you? I cannot beg forgiveness for something of Jesus. I am not in His position.

You missunderstood something. Obviously you missunderstand a lot of things. I'll give it to you again.

quote:
I don't mean to be crual - But if you stand by Christ then how in the hell do you support the war? No way you can make me believe that Jesus would have supported this war.

You want to make me a believer. Start by saying - You're sorry, you made a mistake.

Doesn't Christianity teach that no one is perfect, is it so difficult to admit that you made a mistake, or are you above that NOW THAT YOU'RE BORN AGAIN. Now you can be a war monger without feeling guilty, because Jesus paid the price, so you don't have to.

I did call the Bahai Chruch and they don't have evening services. Seeing it is in another town, it would be a bit of a trip, but it did sound like a church I would like. We have decided to try the Unity church, they're a little closer and are about the same. Thanks for the info.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'Sorry, I stand By CHRIST and will not be willing to feed you other ways to draw further from Him.'

Funny, you haven't exactly been what one could call Christian, certainly one could term the ideals and doctrines you forward as Fundamental Christian though. To bad you really didn't stand by Christ, then he could give you and your fellow Fundies a swift kick in the arse.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 56yrs • F •
This is what I found on the Bahai religion.

quote:
However, Baha'u'llah, the founder of the Baha'i religion, the successor of the Bab, and the most recent manifestation, is the one who should now be revered and obeyed.

AS revered and praised..?
Is this a position above God or equal to God?

quote:
Baha'u'llah's greatest teaching was the oneness and unity of mankind. According to Baha'u'llah, every race, both sexes, and the great religious truths all come from one God. While Christians may appreciate some of the humanitarian and peace doctrines of the Baha'is, they take issue with the Baha'i claim to compatibility with their faith; for Baha'ism denies several essential Christian doctrines.

This means they deny what was originally instituted by Christ?
And this is good how...?

quote:
"Could Christianity's conception of God withstand the cursory logical tests to which you subject the Baha'i's God?"3 McConnell contends that it is unfair for me to argue that because the Baha'i manifestations of God give us contradictory concepts of God (monotheism, polytheism, pantheism, etc.), the Baha'i view of God must be false. After all, he insists, the Christian conception of God has its own logical problems.

God does NOT manifest polytheisms...
That is a deceit by satan. Because it is admonishment to God...that He cannot be the ONE and only.
{POLY means many...BTW any time ppl on earth followed many gods, God destroyed them}

Ok..not being insulting, but God said..."YOU shall have no god beside me."
NO other god is to be served...or acknowledged.

Pantheism is the Belief in and worship of all gods.

How is that possible, if there is one God??

Again, keep in mind Solomon was warned by God not to marry a pagan woman because he would begin to 'worship' pagan gods. Hence....God punished them when Solomon built pagan gods for his wife...and they worshipped them.

This concept would seem to bring in a misconstrued sense of being faithful to One God.
AGAINST God's laws.

quote:
Christians do not see Baha'u'llah as the Second Coming of Jesus because they interpret the New Testament prophecies literally.

NO where are Christians taught to have an absolute interpretation of HOW it will be when Christ comes..only that He shall come, and signs shall be given as a precursor to the second coming.
ONE SIGN IS...JESUS SAID, MANY WILL COME IN MY NAME, IF THEY SAY I AM IN THE DESERT, DO NOT GO.

I suggest you refuse this new founded creed...but that is your option. I can only show you the errors.

quote:
Another interesting response came from a Baha'i in southern Nevada, Bill Garbett, who told me that Baha'ism has suffered no divisions as has Christianity in its many schisms. He concluded from this that the Baha'i World Faith must be God's religion.

OK, this dude is just starting his own schism. {Hypocrisy in fact} and it is new.
The Catholic Church was the ONLY Christian faith for 1500 years...and he can say we error ~ because of what men did by breaking off from the original owner of the scripture??

I agree the many instituted religions AFTER the reformation, all came from men who proudfully refused to accept the traditions and laws and writings instituted by Christ.
The one church that has the same authority from Christ Himself...has not changed not yeilded to change.

ALL other christian sects interpret at today's rate what scripture means...meantime The Apostles wrote the Bible for Christs original church.
DOES this disproove christianity...NO?

IT means we must discern the history to find the truth. Any breaking off from God in this sense was not ordained. IT says in John, if any man comes to you and does NOT BRING THIS DOCTRINE, DO NOT WELCOME THEM IN.

quote:
Although Baha'is teach that God is unknowable in his essence, they believe that God does reveal something of himself to man, especially through his "manifestations" (i.e., Krishna, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, Baha'u'llah, et. al.).4 For those familiar with the conflicting doctrines of the major world religions associated with these "manifestations," however, it is rather apparent that they cannot all be true (see Table). Yet this is exactly what the Baha'is maintain, namely, that each of these religious leaders was a manifestation of God for his own era and therefore spoke some truth about God's nature.

Simply impossible. They contradict each other. The bible says philosophy is foolish. To avoid it.
IN FACT it seems to exonerate the breaking away from Christ....to follow itself which has many errors contradictory to God's nature, and does what God admonishes.
ONLY Jesus was God, and is God and of God...only Christ knows God.

He even said...No one comes to the Father except by ME.

Well...I shall pray, and may you find that which you seek...faith. May the Holy Spirit fill you and bring you wisdom and understanding to discern Christ.

quote:
Funny, you haven't exactly been what one could call Christian, certainly one could term the ideals and doctrines you forward as Fundamental Christian though. To bad you really didn't stand by Christ, then he could give you and your fellow Fundies a swift kick in the arse.

I do not coddle, I do not insist either. I make my points...straight forward, and without begging or barter nor compromise.
These are the ways Christ, Peter, Paul, John,..etc all taught.

So how is it I am not christian?
In fact I am christian...I do not refuse my faith for anyone, and I stand uo for my faith. YOU just want me to step down from faith and open my arms to paganism...which would be what men want...not God.

Therefore I am truly christian.
I am yesterday's Christian...and we are all called to preach his words to others...

IT is by actions, words, and church attendence we become strong in the Spirit to know what is asked of us.

My words are all you have, not my actions...so I shall ignore the persistent ridicule because I stand firm.

59yrs • M •
Trish, everyone has different views of the Devine. If someone's belief doesn't agree with yours, and it upsets you, then I am sorry to say that's just plain tough. You will just have to learn to get over it.

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think you guys have blown this way outta proportion and turned a simple question like where can i find a church that will except that i am only human and not shove rules down my throat in to a humugas fundy vs pagan debate only one person answered his question and city goodluck on ur search cuz i still haven't found a church like that around here so i just don't go i'm not a very big ppl person especially when ppl are all fake nice like so many around here

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
and trish i've said it before and i'll say it again quoting my friend raven "you see god in a bible and church i see him in the sunset and sunrise and trees and animals and all other living beings he's created" which in my opinion would be a manifest of god. and yes i'm pagan and i gotta tell ya i'd rather worship myself than put god in your prospective (hey if ya can't beat em join em lol)

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 56yrs • F •
quote:
Trish, everyone has different views of the Devine. If someone's belief doesn't agree with yours, and it upsets you, then I am sorry to say that's just plain tough. You will just have to learn to get over it.

That goes two ways tootsie. Get over it.

quote:
and yes i'm pagan and i gotta tell ya i'd rather worship myself than put god in your prospective (hey if ya can't beat em join em lol)

Worshiping oneself would make a rapid decline in the world of morals.
No conscience would be present to treat others better.
So, you read hearts? You also know when ppl fake nice?

Who walked this earth completely FOR religious convictions?
Jesus did. SO much so, he created a following to His law. AND why did He matter, because He was God made manifest in humanity.

Religion is important, for without religion there would be no moral laws.

God created religion two times..
Judiac laws, and were meant to be followed, and then when He walked the earth the Christian laws...meant to be followed.

Both times He created a leader.
Moses began the Jewish leadership, and sustained leaders in his absense. {at death}

Jesus created His leaders in the Apostles. And they sustained leaders in their absense {at death}

AT no time did God allow paganisms....for what is that? It is an absense of truth, and becomes laws governed by 'self'.

How did paganism ever fare?
They wrought death to children....and virgins.
THIS is no longer tolerated, because of principles governed by religion the world over.

For what reason...? TO worship false gods that were non existent....there was a sacrifice of humans.

What miracles ever came from them? NONE.
What laws ever came from them? Again NONE.

To follow paganisms is following nothing. There are no other gods.
When you praise and worship nothing, you get the same in return...nothing.

What did Jesus do? He raised life in the dead....Lazarus.
He cured the incurable.
He taught tolerance to all, but accepted nothing less than the laws He either bestowed, or that which was already instilled by His Father....
The Ten Commandments.

How many pagan gods spoke to man? How many gave miracles? How many created the earth? How many were destroyed by God Himself?

Everytime a culture of paganisms historical accounts show they did not survive...including the oldest parchment that was ever left intact...the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Ever notice paganisms never had a whole country that flourished?
They cannot create rain, nor blessings on a nation. Therefore I submit to you that you follow nothing, but yourself. In the long run, you may have this life to ruin, but the next life will be eternal torment unless you turn away.

I don't have to care if you mock my words..my words are in relation to the Bible.

Is it hard to hear what Christ oft repeated?
He did not mesh words. He spoke plainly of Hell.

I repeat those concepts.
Christ never tolerated paganism. But because He had the words of life, even the Gentiles turned to Him.

And Bahai is not a religion, because it has nothing of its own. It receives all religions, which is to say it has none.

59yrs • M •
'That goes two ways tootsie. Get over it.'

I respect Christians and their Faith (note lack of the word Fundamentalist, I have no respect for their agenda of world domination). We are not the ones who are trying to impose our theology on others.

You have repeatedly shown a total lack of respect for other peoples beliefs; THAT I cannot 'get over'.

56yrs • F •
The door swings both ways...you repeatedly call me fundy...or fundie..
AND altho I could care a less...you are the one who is consistently offering my religion is wrong.

I answer staright forward.

BUT if you require I accept paganism, I will be honest, I do not, and I show why.

YOU have a problem with the reasons, that is on you.

BUT again, I cannot coddle, because I must be honest.
YOU may NOT like what I say, but I cannot condone your loss of eternal life...by mere ignorance.

Then it becomes my 'fault'. By ignoring your soul...a judgement I do not desire for ignoring your ignorance.

59yrs • M •
Post a quote from me saying I think Christianity is wrong.
And I have never asked you to "accept" paganism, as usual Fundie, you got everything arse backwards. We look for respect of our differing views, no one is trying to convert you.

56yrs • F •
Calling me fundy, in your mind is meant to insult.

quote:
We look for respect of our differing views, no one is trying to convert you.

Maybe not trying to convert me...but perhaps someone else.

I am giving an account on how Bahai is not a religion.
IT cannot accept Christ and paganism.

That is a fact.

59yrs • M •
Insult, perhaps, to your doctrine, not your God. And if some might find their own enlightenment, and migrate towards one of the less Fundamental Christian Faiths, that is their decision, not mine. At no time did I suggest to anyone that their basic religious ideology is wrong in some way, as you have. What I do object to, and will continue to speak out against, is that Fundie Manifesto you so blithely spout constantly.

A New Church - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy