Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience. - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Terminator trilogy

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Terminator trilogy
The first one had a kickass plot and great villain. It was a well thought out movie, I thought, but it was made in the 80s, so the revolutionary special effects look like cow-manure now.

The second one was very hollywoodized. The special effects were ground-breaking and still look great, but the plot really suffered. While the first terminator was *just* your typical robot -- ruthless, determined, made of steel, and will NEVER stop until sarah connor is dead, the newer deadlier model with morphing super-powers squandered his advantage by walking when he should be running, failing to disguise himself more frequently, and just generally lacking in the strategy department. He seemed to take every opportunity to chase John Connor (known as the greedy strategy -- the simplest, dumbest strategy in the world), never side-tracking to stop for any weaponry or craft a plan.

The 3rd installment looks like it'll be a further progression in that direction. It looks more like X-Men than the Terminator series, and they put a hot girl in the lead role so no one'll notice. I predict it'll suck. Who's with me?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, But I'll probably see it just because I have an Urge to, Can you Believe that Arnold Is a Senior Citizen?
Next thing He will be saying is "I'll be back with a Wheel Chair"
(Corny I know)
Geez How Time Flys By.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It wasnt that good. They needed this one in the middle. Not impressive

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
first one ok, kinda cool ahhnold is the shiz, second one, movie history one of the best ever of any, third good fun ride, but nothing too special, had a lot to live up to with 2. plus changing actors and or directors never helps, no worthless scruffball whats his nuts, and no james cameron.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The 1 was tremendous, science fiction but still extremely believable.

The 2, didn't cut it. It didn't have a dark enough feel and the liquid metal terminator was ridiculous.

I don't plan on seeing the 3 looks like shite.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm sorry you missed out on the human story that give rise to the emotions that gave the 2 one its punch with its twist coming from the first, she was locked away as the bad guy, the terminator became the good guy, and like so many of us everyone had mommy issues.

the first one was a cult classic, the second was a reintroduction to scifi action drama that just happened to also be the biggest action flick since, i don't know, lethal weapon or something. Well it sure beat the pants off of short circuit 2, hows that?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
Terminator trilogy
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy