Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest. - Dennis Diedrot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

We didn't exist before we got here

User Thread
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And we don't exist after we exit!

[  Edited by jakereaney at   ]
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know what will happen for sure when I die,, but I have a good idea what happened to me before I go here.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 75yrs • M •
What happened?

64yrs • M •
I remember before I was born. I always have remembered as far back as I can remember. My earliest memory is my mom sitting me in the hi chair and feeding me. And gawking at the kitchen cabinets as if I was seeing something from a science fiction movie.

I remember looking down and seeing all sorts of horrible things (the specifics I can't remember except for the last thing and that was a mushroom cloud from an atomic explosion). Then an old man with white hair and a long white beard and mustache walked up behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder, he said to me, "its time to go".

I was in a place that felt so wonderful, were no harm could come to you.

When he told me this, I was gripped with fear after what I had saw, tears began to flow, and I said, "please no". He looked me straight in the face with a caring and passionate look and said, "everything will be ok, nothing will happen to you."

My whole life has been like that. I've watched my brothers and sisters get beaten by my father. But not me. When I joined the Navy I weighed 101 and stood 4'11'. I've seen guys get the hell beat out of them just for the fun of it, but there would always be somebody protecting me.

I used to think the old man was Jesus - but now I don't know anymore. As for a religion, I don't follow any doctrine. I don't believe any of them are right or wrong. I just don't know. I believe there is a God and I know there is a heaven. According to my understanding of scriptures. I am not so blessed. I have what I believe is proof, many do not have this. Many have to really on faith while I have a crutch.

I liked your web site - thought it was cute. Mine is okcitykid.theinsideout.us

64yrs • M •
Thanks

Sorry about the overload

Cool museum

75yrs • M •
It's OK.
Eldred

[  Edited by jakereaney at   ]
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Punkycarrot is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
every one will go some where when they die
people make up wthey will go because they are scared of death
people always fear the unknown
so they try to make it known

before you are here well
i'm not too sure
because at some point you wont have existed so you've got to start existing at some point

"rock on"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
before we were conceived we were nothing, yes. We are living biological organisms- we are life. When we die we will just return to the ground and decompose as biological matter. We will exist after we die, yet only as carbon matter. We will help fertilize new life and help the continuence of life on our beautiful planet. The system of life is a continuim of recycling biological matter .

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 64yrs • M •
Thank you for your opinion

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
whats some evidence for an against reincarnation? actaully i dont know the main defintion for tha (wasnt tring to refer to spirtual stuff).. so whatsthe evidnece for an against NO MATTER ND ENERGY DISSAPEARING i guess.. it seems like theres not much publicity on studying the matter etc from peopel following where it goes when they die or "die"..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 64yrs • M •
There is evidence of reincarnation - do a google search. A well known Yale University profesor has been studying this for like 20 years. I posted it here once.

But here's the deal - a person believes a thing, to that person, whatever that person believes is truth. That's to bad, because how do you learn if you only know what you believe.

Beliefs are like ass holes, everybody has one. You want to learn something, throw out your beliefs and do some research - then you learn.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well said.
Okcitykid, what do you mean that you remember yourself before you were born? I mean did you see yourself as a living entity in a same reality as ours?
While meditating, sometimes I just manage to 'remember' myself, that I had existed for ever, but it's a very difficult and unexplainable feeling, which only staty for about 2 or 3 seconds and then disappears.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is truth then okcitykid?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:

And we don't exist after we exit!

This depends on what we are. If we are a collection and formation of energy that merely changes shape, then not only could we have existed as we are before, we would also probably have existed in one way or another as long as existance itself.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
not only could we have existed as we are before

How is this possible to have existed before we were conceived?

"The summit is just a halfway point"
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy