A diamond cannot be polished without friction, nor the man perfected without trials. - wesdawgy
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

When Protestors Go to Far...

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I am currently watching CNN, and i saw a piece on Prostestors in NY today. They are just laying down on the street. There Motto was "Lets lay down on the Street while People die in Iraq"
Im Like, "do you people know what a war is, people usually die in Wars, LIVE WITH IT"

I think those peeps are in the protest in NY are stupid

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when I got back from Nam I heard about the Kent State Four, I guess they did more than just lay down in the street. Ya, people die because of war, we really should not be so fickle about carniege and such thing of war.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A lot of terrible things are going on in the world and most of us just stand by and do diddly about it- These people are so enraged and determined to do something they are willing to break the law and risk publis shame. And to that I tip my hat I think it is fantastic! This is the only way they will get any coverage and thuss the attention of the public in general. I don't think they went far enough People are dying- lives are ending and we do nothing! it is pitiful!

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
A lot of terrible things are going on in the world and most of us just stand by and do 'diddly' about it-
These people are so enraged and determined to do something they are willing to break the law and risk public shame.
ya a real 'Catch 22', damned if you do, and damned if you don't! If you don't then those that do will murder you, if you do those who don't will kill you.
I mean Jesus wasn't murdered, He was killed, right?
He was executed by the government, as prescribed by Law.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who says the governmet is always right?
Just because the guy in charge doesnt like someone he will kill them. I think that counts as murder. Jesus done nothing wrong or against the government.

(im not religious or anything)

EDIT: Spelling

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
whats funny to me is that a bunch of people laying around outside causes almost as much controversey as people being slaughtered. at least the protesters arent rioting... yet...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
at least the protesters arent rioting... yet...

Good thing. I think it is so stupid when they do that. Ofcourse, if Bush is voted into office again, what else can a person do? Everything is going to hell anyways.

You know what scares me, this thought crossed my mind, and I hope it doesn't happen, that Kerry gets murdered while running for president. There is a lot of money invested in Bush. Bad thought. Stop it.

Ghandi - now there's a story - a man starves himself and it causes people to stop fighting, simply amazing.

Jesus was supposed to die and he knew it. I believe that Jesus could see into the future and he knew that he would become a world renowned myrter for centuries to come. If he would not have died, we probebly would not know about him. And the government tried not to kill him, but the people would not have it, the people wanted him dead. Strange.

You can't convince people to change a law by breaking the law. All the great ones who have made changes did so within the law. Gorbachev is a good example of this, the man who ended the cold war, even though the history books give the credit to Regan and his war machine.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
quote:
Jesus was supposed to die and he knew it.

The aspect of Jesus praying in the garden pior to being taken prisoner shows the spirit's actions (God's answer) to Jesus prayers, each time He went to pray He told the disciples to keep watch, yet each time He returned to them, they were asleep.
quote:
but the people would not have it, the people wanted him dead. Strange.
Some (most) of Jewish leadership resented & feared Jesus's ability to direct the people. Like most large groups can be swayed into frenzied reaction. The presence of Roman Authority & the actions of the Jewish leadership formed the mob attitude which condemned Jesus. Remember many didn't know Jesus by sight, only having heard about him as a matter of gossip, many were sweep into this action based upon the Statements of His accusers.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy