Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Catholics vs Christians - Page 10

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Number one...Okcity, you are very stuck on judging others...and this war stance you have.

No - I'm judging you who claim to be both a follower of Jesus and the Pope who supports the war and dispite this, you preach to us so that we may also follow Jesus and the Pope as you do, that's total hypocracy. Will you be one of the goats who believed they should be saved and were surprised they were not?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bush discussed this war with the Pope...neither discussed the final understanding with the public...BUT Bush apparently has NOT taken the nation down...
HE has built it back up with a certain amount of freedom...that the Iraqi's will have to work out.

IS that bad...is freedom bad??
Are ppl eating and having clean water ...is that bad??

Better medical is bad??

Is an education bad??

NOT fearing for their lives constantly at the hands of Saddam...is that bad??

Leftwood...muderers are murderers....whether it be Manson or Saddam...a killer should be stopped and punished.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, Saddam has been incarserated, an we assured the world that USA Will is not to be transgressed. Vengence is MINE sayth the LORD, yes indeed we are truly something to fear.
But what ever it is, we know it is not the Christ's Way (Christian). By the way you never gave a responce to my question, "With man, no. But with GOD there is a way"

How does that justify Bush's War? His way is the only one which could have achieved as much without declaring war?
But then how could they promote their "War On Terrorism"
another cold war with a new name.
World Peace or is it, World Domination they seek?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Leftwood...muderers are murderers....whether it be Manson or Saddam...a killer should be stopped and punished. "

You don't even get what I'm saying.

"IS that bad...is freedom bad??"

Even if your a murderer?

"Better medical is bad??"

Are you familiar with Iraq's hospital situation, before and after our various invasions and bombings?

"Are ppl eating and having clean water ...is that bad??"

We've caused more starvation and ecological disaster there than anyone.

"Is an education bad??"

Seen conflicting reports on the education under Saddam as well, but I'm sure you spent a lot of time there to clarify descrepancies.

"NOT fearing for their lives constantly at the hands of Saddam...is that bad??"

Not if you live to enjoy it and of course only if a threat of or existing civil war and a continual fight against American OCCUPANCY and puppet regimes don't continue. Otherwise, people aren't too worried about whose hand, their tired of living in fear, but we know nothing of not living in fear as always and especially anymore so probably aren't the best councelors on the issue.

"Leftwood...muderers are murderers....whether it be Manson or Saddam...a killer should be stopped and punished."

You support a country of untold amounts of death and destruction, murders, assasinations, ethnic cleansing, eugenics, all admitted throughout our history. A country losing freedoms not making them.

A country supporting economically raping poor countries, saving them from various nefarious circumstances (Too often involving the CIA) then making slaves out of them with our outsourced jobs to pay it off while our companies invade and steal all their resources to sell back to them.

Your naive Christo-America flag waving is disgusting. Your one sided notion of the world is so slanted I wouldn't be surprised if you chronically fell over while even firmly supporting yourself.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
quote:
"With man, no. But with GOD there is a way

BUT with God all things are possible...

Does God use ppl as His instruments??

56yrs • F •
Leftwood, yes I know ppl there....and I am going by what they are saying...who do you know?

64yrs • M •
quote:
Better medical is bad??

Is an education bad??

NOT fearing for their lives constantly at the hands of Saddam...is that bad??

Patrish - DO YOU LOOK TWORDS IRAQ AND JUST CLOSE YOUR EYES AND PRETEND NOT TO SEE?

A hundred thousand dead Iraqis are not free, cannot receive medical or go to school and it was Western powers that put Saddam in power.

The Pope NEVER supported the war. In Mr. Bushes own words

quote:
'Of course he was a man of peace and he didn't like war. And I fully understood that. And I appreciated the conversations I had with the Holy Father on the subject."

From the BBC during the war:

quote:
Pope John Paul II has spoken out against attacks on Iraq's Christian community after the bombing of two churches in the northern city of Mosul.

The frail pontiff told a congregation in the Vatican that he prayed Iraqis would find "reconciliation and peace".

The Pope was against the war because he was a man of God. I don't know what you are. But I don't think you are what you think you are, won't you be surprised when you stand before God.

56yrs • F •
That is a specific opinion m'dear.

THERE IS NO BLOODSHED FROM OUR TROOPS...

YOU defend this regime and care less for the millions...but for the civilians killed by accident AND OR INSURGENT SUICIDE BOMBS you send out big ticker parades decrying our men..

Dont accuse me of what you yourself are doing.

O BTW..... Love how this war is about OIL...NOT!!!

Liberals squeal.... and are the MOST SECULAR PPL I KNOW....ANTI~GOD.

AND...Furthermore city......DO you know what advice the Pope gave..?
DO you know what advice Bush took??

You dont know the whole of the discussion...dont pretend you do.

Bush went to the Pope... and since we shall never know...he may have promised to keep this war at a minimum...and HE did.

NO nuclear attacks...and NO civilain TARGETS.

56yrs • F •
That is a specific opinion m'dear.

YOU defend this regime and care less for the millions...but for the civilians killed by accident AND OR INSURGENT SUICIDE BOMBS you send out big ticker parades decrying our men..

Dont accuse me of what you yourself are doing.

O BTW..... Love how this war is about OIL...NOT!!!

Liberals squeal.... and are the

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"THERE IS NO BLOODSHED FROM OUR TROOPS... "

WTF? That doesn't even make sense.

"YOU defend this regime and care less for the millions...but for the civilians killed by accident AND OR INSURGENT SUICIDE BOMBS you send out big ticker parades decrying our men."

No one defends the regime, your accusation is baseless and pure slander. We are held accountable and are in a different posistion when OUR troops are killing and dying, and in the face of circumstances and reactions like 9/11, as well as at best "faulty" intelligence and questionalbe motives, and at worst outright conspiracy which YOU would be calling it if it were Clinton instead, question is in order, which again does not equal defense for anyone.

"O BTW..... Love how this war is about OIL...NOT!!! "

If you think oil is not a factor, you simply have no brain. Its not the only factor either.

"You dont know the whole of the discussion...dont pretend you do. "

This coming from the woman who claims to know the exact history of the Bible and all its claims.

"NO nuclear attacks...and NO civilain TARGETS."

Just chemical, biological, radioactive nuclear waste, in the middle of cities full of CIVILIANS.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
quote:

I think you're trying to say they are justified.

I don't understand Patrish how you can claim to follow Jesus and the Pope and be such a war monger.

If it wasn't about oil, then why did we go to war in Iraq. Don't tell me terrorism or 9/11 because that's why we went to Afghanastan. Don't tell it was to take Saddam out, because that was already being arranged and did not require war.

So if we didn't go to war because of terrorism,

and we didn't go to war to take Saddam out

It wasn't the weapons of mass destruction that the president knew Iraq didn't have, even so, was no threat to the United State, only Sadi Arabia and Isreal, and had we let the weapons inspector finish their job, that would have been solved.

Don't tell me it was to free the people, because then we woul have the whole world to go to war with, including and especially Sadia Arabia. Where the Bin Ladin Family lives, and is powerful, and attatcked the twin towers, do you remember that.

So why did we go to war with Iraq - because we felt like being a bully that day?

Is Jesus, the Pope Liberals who squeal?

quote:
Matthew 5:38'You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[g] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.
Love for Enemies
43'You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

56yrs • F •
I already quoted in the other thread where Christ said...sell your tunic and buy a sword...and aside from that...

I have to only guess where ya get your info...TIME and again, all the conspiracy theories come crashing down in the faces of the liberals..

Oil prices are gouging us... therefore no oil under our control.

quote:
If it wasn't about oil, then why did we go to war in Iraq. Don't tell me terrorism or 9/11 because that's why we went to Afghanastan. Don't tell it was to take Saddam out, because that was already being arranged and did not require war.

So if we didn't go to war because of terrorism,

and we didn't go to war to take Saddam out

Saddam was NOT on his way out...
HE was planning with Al Queda to destroy us..and that has been prooven. Much like religion you close your eyes to truth.

AND now since the liberals have been prooven wrong about Saddam being in with the Al Queda, they turn around and say..."O he was on the way out anyway."

Keeping following the Piper.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Saddam was NOT on his way out...
HE was planning with Al Queda to destroy us..and that has been prooven. Much like religion you close your eyes to truth.

Obviously you have missread something. No proof has been found connectiing Saddam with Al Queda.

quote:
Rep. Walter B. Jones Jr. is a conservative Republican from North Carolina who voted to authorize the use of force in Iraq. So it jarred all the more yesterday when Jones turned his fury on Richard N. Perle, the Pentagon adviser who provided the Bush administration with brainpower for the Iraq war.

Jones, who said he has signed more than 900 condolence letters to kin of fallen soldiers, pronounced himself "incensed" with Perle. "It is just amazing to me how we as a Congress were told we had to remove this man . . . but the reason we were given was not accurate," Jones told Perle at a House Armed Services Committee hearing. Jones said the administration should "apologize for the misinformation that was given. To me there should be somebody who is large enough to say 'We've made a mistake.' I've not heard that yet."

Let me see if I understand this Jesus approves of this war theory.

The Pope who interpretes gospel being replacement of Peter condems this war. You being a follower of Jesus and the Pope do not condemn this war.

Frankly - I still don't get your theory here.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Saddam was NOT on his way out...
HE was planning with Al Queda to destroy us..and that has been prooven."

Show proof.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 56yrs • F •
Proof was shown in politics....and graphs were shown with time lines, including the same info ABC news spilled back in 98.

Saddam and Osama were 'working together' with a common goal, and the key man of Saddam went to Egypt to purchase enriched uranium.

http://archives.warroom.com/archives.php
Click NO link between Iraq and terror.

AND the chart...TIMELINE
http://www.papadoc.net/WoW/ConnectionbetweenAlQuedaandSaddam.htm#Saddam%
20and%20Osama,%20Alliance%20for%20Vengeance

Go ahead ignore it..again. Just because it doesnt fit your theories.

quote:
The Pope who interpretes gospel being replacement of Peter condems this war. You being a follower of Jesus and the Pope do not condemn this war.

The WAR happened March to April 2003....the war has long ago ended....and furthermore....the country is building a democracy with a president.

Not sure if you get the news...but those are the latest updates...and a KURD is president. Ahhhh...sweet justice.

Catholics vs Christians - Page 10
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy