Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Decius B against the War? - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cutencuddly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is what makes me sad....you americans, (and i don't mean this nastily) are SO patriotic....the whole "honour of fighting for your country" What does that mean? You'd die for your country? Where does that get you? I'm not saying that Americans are the only nation that are, but you are the most patriotic nation that i have known of....Besides, i think that Bush's whole objective was to start a war anyway....the whole "you were mean to my daddy" scenario...he has an unfinished job to complete....are you so patriotic now?

As for this war.... I do realise that Saddam needs to be stopped, but i think this whole situation has been approached from the completely wrong angle...

I do have hippie tendancies, i'm a peace freak and i don't appreciate violence or war, but because of President Bush and Tony Blair, we the civillians have had no choice but to sit back and watch the destruction of Iraq. No matter how much we protest, we will not be listened to....sure, we will be heard, but it will not be taken into consideration......it is too late?!

What worries me, is that the Governments have not thought past invading Iraq....they just assume that Saddam will just give up, or that his leaders will desert him....they have not considered the hypothetical situatiin that they will remain by his side until the bitter end, which i believe they will.....either through fear of rebellion, or sheer stupidity and belief in the tyrant himself. This just goes to how the ignorance of those so called Leaders that have led a lot of innocent soldiers to their death (in my opinion)

Things will get a whole lot worse befoe they get better! For example, the UN have split opinions now, and i fear that this will become a war of several parts....those that took a vote to keep neutral and away from the conflict will be forced to take sides, as Turkey have; although Turkey chose their own side. They feared an independant Iraq, so they have begun their own invasion...where will that lead? Obviously, the UK have already taken offence by this move and i fear conflict between us and Turkey now... how long before other countries take the initiative?

On top of the conflict....Tony Blair has been harping on about the Iraqi people, and how we are doing this for them......well, aren't the majority of them either dying in these bombings, or fleeing over here anyway? What will Britain do then...we are already complaining about the number of refugees and asylum seekers....this is just another situation which will grow out of proportion....

And this is my point.....This war has not been thought through at all.....we are just puppets nd i don't believve that human life is valued to the extent that it should be!

I don't say that my opinion is the right oe, but i welcome anyone who will challenge me or set me straight if my views are factually wrong...

"my name says it all!"
 38yrs • F •
and then Saddam is using civillians as human shields.......Bush's response......"We will not stop until we have won" He doesn't give a shit about the people fishting, as long as he wins.....what does that o for your patriotism? He's not going to doanything other than dictate....and in my opinion that is just as bad as Saddam.....

"my name says it all!"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
actually the Human Shields are protesters from the US and UK

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 38yrs • F •
And i am sure that Bush and Blair will have no regrets or second thoughts on sacrificing them.....

"my name says it all!"
 39yrs • M •
they put themselves in that position, its their fault for putting themselves in harms way, if they die, i wouldent care, cus i think they are stupid, but thats just me

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 38yrs • F •
than you Decius, i thought my information was correct...

"my name says it all!"
 39yrs • M •

54yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that walts is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Even though Saddam put his military troops and equipment in urban areas, as precision as our bombs and missles are today the civilans are unlikely to get that many casulties.

We can put a guided missle RIGHT where we want it to hit, thats within inches of where we aimed it.

"Have you thanked a Vet for your freedom lately?"
 39yrs • M •
ah yes teh precission guided bombs, ty Walts

38yrs • F •
i thought Saddam was starting fires of his own or something to throw the precision gided bombs off course....

"my name says it all!"
 54yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that walts is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
He did set a few oil wells on fire but the military went in and toke over the oil feilds and flew in specisalist to put out the fires.

"Have you thanked a Vet for your freedom lately?"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dingleberry6 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I heard on the news that 2 american soldiers are now dead while a few others are hurt. How?

First incident: Two soldiers got into an accident while driving. One died, the other is in the hospital in kuwait.

Second Incident: An engineer didn;t "like" some other airforce guys and threw three grenades in their tent. He killed one guy and hurt some others.

Also, in response to accuracy:

CAMP AS SAYLIYAH - Two Royal Air Force aviators died Sunday when their fighter was shot down by a U.S. Patriot missile.

Inches eh? So I suppose now we are eliminating our competition?

"Avoid the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire"
 39yrs • M •
The Patriot Missle System is very complex, it is monitoring everything that is flying in the sky, when it locks on to Frieldly aircraft, either the pilot, or the computer is supposed to send a signal saying that they are friendly, in this case, either the pilot screwed up, or the computer wasnt functioning correctly

Fratricide sux, but its a part of war, its gonna happen

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dingleberry6 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quite interesting....

first we are accurate within inches...

then we kill our allies and it becomes a "complex system"

we have way too much power for the soldiers...they seem to be acting like kids with toys. Perhaps someone should have taught them morality before they taught them how to throw a grenade.

"Avoid the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire"
 39yrs • M •
They Patriot Missile is not launched by humans...

Decius B against the War? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy